Where to get cheap, but good dumbells?

wadejen

Cathlete
Okay, I am doing STS. MY strength is going through the roof. My highest db is 15 lbs. I need to get 20,25,30. Any suggestions? Weights beyond 15 lbs are expensive, but I need them.

Thanks
Jen

Is there a "Play it Again Sports" in your area?
Also, some of the discount stores (the -marts) have dumbells up to 30-35#.

I get mine from Walmart. They're still relatively expensive but don't cost as much as say in Modell's or a sports store.

Play it Again isn't selling workout stuff anymore. :( My dad works there & he hasn't been able to satisfy my exercise shopping impulses for several months. They're phasing out all the w/o stuff for organized sports supplies. :mad:

I haven't been in a Play it Again forever, I didn't know they weren't carrying fitness stuff anymore. But the one here was always more expenive that Wal Mart for DBs. PIA ran about $1 or $1.10/lb. I got my 35# at WalMart for $30. Dick's also seems to run them at about a $1/lb. Sports Authority is a little higher, but they always seem to be 20% off so they come in at about the $1/lb mark as well. All of that is for the plain, cast iron hex wts. Nothing fancy schmancy.

Nan

The last set I bough was from Sports Authority with a 25% off coupon. It got them down to a price below what I could have gotten them for at Play it Again. I just google searched "printable sports authority coupon"

Play it Again isn't selling workout stuff anymore. :( My dad works there & he hasn't been able to satisfy my exercise shopping impulses for several months. They're phasing out all the w/o stuff for organized sports supplies. :mad:

Really? The ones here in Tucson have tons of workout stuff! I even sold them a pair of Reebok dumbbells with square ends a month or so ago because they were just too uncomfortable for my small hands to hold by the ends (for pullovers) and I bought some used hex ones from them instead.

my play it again sports has EVERYTHING!! from fitness to hockey. they have all kinds of dumbbells and pretty reasonable price but if that's not an option i would try wal-mart or target but always check sporting goods stores for some good sales or mark down clearances. mine come from so many different places b/c when i would see them cheap i would get them. i even once got a set of 25lb reebok dumbbells for $22 b/c they were marking them down.

the last time i was in my play it again sports i asked if they were actually going to keep kettlebells in stock and he said the way they were flying off the shelves he had no plans to stop carrying them. they even bought some of my old stuff so i can get new kettlebells.

kassia

My Play It Again has plenty of workout stuff too!

Thank goodness! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.