Where to find Golashes

Gobias

Cathlete
All,

I live in the hot desert where it rains maybe twice per year and calling it "rain" is a stretch. However, I am travelling out of the country where it will be rainy. Does anyone know where to buy golashes? I need the kind that I can wear OVER my tennis shoes, not ones you wear without shoes.

I have gone to my local Cabelas, sporting stores, Target, Walmart, etc and no one has a clue where else to look. The sporting store carried Fishing boots that were pelvic high, but I need knee-high or lower.

Any ideas?

I haven't heard that word in forever! My dad wore those when I was young. :)

I have never seen them for women. I would bet you would need to order them online. Looks like the brand Totes makes them (they make gloves, umbrellas, etc).

Google it and see. Try "galoshes overshoes" as a search phrase.

Good luck!

I have no idea but just had to say I haven't even heard of them in years. Online is your best bet. Totes is the only company I can think of also.
Target and a bunch of other stores sell rain boots for about $12. They are knee hi, come in all sort of colors and patterns and are fun. They won't go over your tennis shoes but they are inexpensive and a lot more attractive.

Last edited:
OK, thanks. I was hoping to try them on in person to make sure they fit over my shoes but am thinking that isn't going to be an option.

And I know! I haven't heard that word since I was very small but every time I used the word "rain boots" I was shown boots that do not go over your shoes and I require boots that go over shoes. I actually had to ask my girlfriend, whom I have known since I was 4 Years old, what the word was. She had to think for a few minutes also. Memories!

Go to Zappos & search for Galoshes.

Zappos is incredible! Free shipping & free returns. If I'm not sure what size I take in something, I order 2 diff sizes of the same thing & return the pair that doesn't fit.

Joan

Oh thank you all for the links and the Zappos recommendation - I didn't realize they would carry them. I am shopping right now through the links. An might I say that my Gosh....these things are so ugly! They are just as I remembered.

They don't have to be...they make high fashion ones too. Check out nordstroms online is you want a high fashion pair.

Oh thank you all for the links and the Zappos recommendation - I didn't realize they would carry them. I am shopping right now through the links. An might I say that my Gosh....these things are so ugly! They are just as I remembered.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.