Where is Maggie?

runathon

Cathlete
Oh Maaaaagggie!!! Have you given birth yet????? or, are you 3 days "late?" Well, maybe she is busy at the hospital right now as we "speak." But, if someone knows something...please let us know how she is doing...Thanks.

Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon

I'm guessing that she is holding that little baby in her arms.....and we'll be hearing soon!!!!!

Briee

I sure do hope so!!!

Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/lach.gif[/img]

Yeah Maggie! She's re-cuperating from a pleasantly short and pain free birthing experience. I am just certain of it!

Melanie
Due 1/25/04

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Baby Has Arrived!

Hi everyone!
Short Version:
Baby Bardric Aquinas born September 9, 2003 at 5:00 PM sharp. 10 lbs and 7 oz (no wonder I was looking reeaally big:) ), 21 1/2 in long. Healthy and a very good eater. I feel pretty good, but I am really tired.

Long version:
Had no idea on Tuesday morning that I was going to go into labor. I had had some sustained contractions on both Sunday and Monday that both just petered out and went nowhere. At 10:30 am, just after bible time with the kids, I had a contraction and then 5 min later another, and then 5 min later another. I was supposed to meet my sil to take the kiddos over night, but I becamed concerned that even if this was another false alarm I'd better not drive anywhere. And boy was that a good decision. I called my husband at work, who wanted to come home immediately, but I said that I wanted to moniter the contractions a bit longer because I didn't want to pull him off the job unneccesarily.

At 11:15 am I decided that I'd better call the dr's office, because my uterus was not relaxing between contractions, and they were getting really painful and were 4-7 min apart. I was told to get everyone home and to get to the hospital right away. We were able to leave for the hospital at 11: 45 and my contractions at this point were very intense and painful. I knew now that this was no false alarm. We got to the hospital and the first thing I asked for was my epidural:). I was between a 6 and a 7 at this point and if I'd gone without the epidural, he probably would have been born fairly quickly because this labor was moving pretty fast. But I am an old, wimp now, with very little pain tolerance, so they got me hooked up and I felt so relaxed:) :). At about 4:55, they gave me permission to push and I gave one large push and he crowned. Then I gave a couple of smaller pushes and he was out!

The first thing that I was concerned with was that he was healthy, because our last child has down syndrome and a heart defect, was unable to nurse or even suck a bottle, which meant pumping my breast milk and feeding him through a nose tube for nearly a year. I was glad to do it, but it was exhausting. So when we saw that this little one was healthy, I just started to sob uncontrollably and thank and praise God for His mercy and goodness. Bardric latched on to nurse almost immediately and that also was a relief.

The only difficulty that I had was that I had to be cathatarized (spelling?) for both nights that I was in the hospital. It is typical for me to be cathatarized the first night after I give birth. For some reason my body just reacts to labor this way, but Bardric being as big as he was, caused an unusual amount of swelling, so I had to stay another night in the hospital, because they won't discharge you if you can't pee. By this morning, I still couldn't go on my own, so they were going to send me home with a catheter, which seriously bummed me out, but because I had a healthy baby, I didn't want to grumble, so I just accepted that this was the way it was going to be. Just as they were getting Dr's orders for the catheter, I tried again and went:7 . And then again:7 . I have not been that happy about bathroom habits for as long as I can remember:7 :7 . Anyway, they let me go home with no catheter and everything seems to be returning to normal. I really need to work on building up my pelvic floor, because it is extremely weak. I feel really good, very little pain, etc. I am just really tired.

Anyway, you are all very sweet to wonder about this little(?) baby and me.

Shopaholic--you are next and I can't wait to hear. Keep us posted.

Maggie
who is all done being pregnant for now.

RE: Baby Has Arrived!

Maggie! Let me be the first on the forum send congrats! Yahoo! You did it! You sound so brave! I'm so happy for you. What a beautiful birth story. Please keep us posted with stories about your life & recuperaton. You've been an inspiration to us all! Bravo!!

Melanie
Due 1/25/04

" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Maggie, thank you so very much for filling us in even though I'm sure you are VERY tired!!! AND even a birth story!!! I'm so thankful with you that baby is doing great and healthy and strong. I can't imagine giving birth to a 10 pounder, you are amazing and inspiring!! Big big congratulations!!!! Cool name - where did this come from, we like different names very much.

Briee

Congratulations Maggie!!!

Wow! God has been sooooo good to you! Thank you Lord! What a huge baby....thank you for posting so soon and giving us the birth story. They always remind my of my own and make me want to have another one!

Bardric...what a nice name. You definitely have to tell us about it.

Rest and come back soon.

God is good!

Do you have pictures of all of your children, including Bardric? I would love to see your "nest." <><...

Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/lach.gif[/img]

RE: Congratulations Maggie!!!

I am new to this board but:

Congratulations Maggie.

I'm only 5 weeks with my second. My 4 yr old was born on 9-9-99. So our kids now have something in common!

Tpridgen
Due 5/12/03

RE: Congratulations Maggie!!!

Congratulations Maggie!!! That is so awesome, I'm so happy for you!!
Can't wait to see pictures. Sounds like he is a big and healthy baby boy, that is so wonderful!! Glad to hear that your worrying was all for nothing.
Take care!

Kathy

Hi everyone!
Somehow I just don't have as much time to hang out on the Cathe Boards as I used to. Hmmmm. wonder why. Actually I am nursing right now with Bardric propped on a pillow between the desk and me, and that is working well.

Tpridgen--cool birthday. Mr. B shares sept 9 with 2 people that I know of now.

The name Bardric came about because out of the baby book's 10,000 names, my husband and I only agreed on like 3 of them. Bardric means "ax weilder" (I know I am spelling that wrong), which my husband thought was cool. That is "ax weilder" as in warrior, not serial killer as one nurse in the hospital thought. Aquinas was my fault. We had been studying the Middle Ages, Renaissance, and Reformation all year and I jokingly said for a middle name, how about Aquinas (for Thomas Aquinas) and my husband thought that was the most cool thing he had ever heard, so I knew at that point that that was that for the name. I do like it. It seems to fit Bardric very well. He is so big, and yet he has a very serious expression, like he is pondering deep things.

I would love to post pictures, but how to do that absolutely baffles me. I am not at all a technological person. I am not sure that I could figure it out. If I do I will.

Take care everyone!
Maggie

Thanks for sharing your very interesting story with us all. How wonderful. Glad you and Bardric are doing well. God Bless his lil' heart.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Maggie,

Since I haven't been on the forum for a while, I just noticed your announcement. I want to send my tardy congratulations on the birth of Bardric! I hope you are feeling well. I wish you continued happiness and a good night's rest!

emily

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.