What's your baby's "pet" name?

Do furry babies count?

I haven't even conceived yet but I'm already calling the kid-to-be 'kitten'. I've used up lots of good names on my actual cats, bunny and cavy already, hope there are some left for the little one by the time they're here!

Well, in case furry kids count, I call my oldest cat 'sugar buger', the one with the smelliest poops gets called 'stinky butt' and I won't mention what the really ornery cat gets called sometimes, gotta love her! My husband has been calling the cavy 'wiglet' lately, don't know why, I guess a cross between 'piglet' like I was calling him and the sound he makes - "weeeeet". We usually just call the bunny by her name, or just something simple like 'sweetie' because she really is so sweet.

I'm looking forward to discovering what our kid will end up being nicknamed, I'm sure my brother will think of a few very interesting ones!

A couple of my friends called their kid 'Binky' until they found out they had a boy on the way. Now it's Baby Nathan. I'm already calling him Nate but I think people will be calling him 'Binky' for a long time! I finally realized that it means a pacifier!

I couldn't pass this post up being that my Dad is the master, and let me tell you...I have inherited his strange talent.

My son Connor: Before I knew I was pregnant, I developed this vein that ran from my pubic area to my uterus area. I thought it was bizarre but didn't even hope that it was my first sign that I was pregnant, which it turned out to be! Anyway, he was woobie, woob veats, woob vien for a very long time. Once he was born, he graduated to Milk Monkey, Booby, Binky, Barfy (he spit up a lot), Bag Balm Butt Baby Boy, Connor honor weedy pee, pee pod, Charlie Marly, Marly Man, and so many others that I've long forgotten them by now.

My daughter, Annelise: Anna Banna Wees Boom Bah, Wees (My son pronounces his L's with a W sound, so he calls her Wees), Weasty Peasty, Peasty (my sons new fav), Ann Banan, Sissy Girl, Sissy Sassy, Fairy Princess, & Fairy Princess Girl, oh...and I've forgotten the rest.

A cute story--I think my son takes after me. The other day he was calling for his dad and started saying: "Daddy Daroodle, where are you?" Now he always calls Daddy "Daroodle".

Cathe, hee hee!

What's that Taco Bell ad? "Drop the chalupa . . ."

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-01 AT 00:41AM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-01 AT 00:36 AM (Est)[/font]

My baby- who is now a 5 and a half year-old Kindergartener (sigh) was Nicholas Noodle Doodle Booger Pot Pie Casserole (I'm embarrassed just writing this!) and the Booger Man. We still call him the Booger or Nicky Noodle once in a while, but only in private. (He doesn't really have booger issues, so the name seems to have come out of the blue.)

When I was pregnant, he was "Lump" or "The Lima Bean of Love."

When DH and I are talking about him, we call him "lui" (Louie), which is Italian for "he."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.