What's with some people's attitude !!

4fitNphun

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

Is it me or there is just more attitude on the forums.

For example, in Ask Cathe forum and STS forum that I had noticed... a member asked a question, the answer to the question was posted by a SNM member. The OP apparently didn't like the answer given, take offense and post rude replies instead of appreciating the fact that Cathe or even SNM members take the time to read through these posts and give an informative answers.

Penny

Nope. There isn't more attitude. It's just the same people with attitude posting. You get used to them and learn to ignore it.

I am a new member and I have replied to a few postings. Some of the responses I have recieved are very oppinionated, to be kind, but I have to say it has been the same people with the attitude. I had heard great things about this community, but I have not experianced the same personally. I have been an avid fan of Cathe for several years and I thought that this community would be a great place to share, chat, meet new people... all of the things a forum should be. But people (no names mentioned) please take it easy!! Geeze.

Ashli

I am with Shelley on this...it seems that the same posters are problematic. I usually ignore them and respond to posters who are enthusiastic, positive and are looking for the same sense of community I am. I think if less people responded to said posters, we, as a community, would be better off. :)

Yep, there are just a few, when I see their names, I know there is some sort of negative spewing going on, and along with the others choose to ignore it. You just can't win with some folks not matter how helpful you are.

I think in general this is a great bunch of knowledgable, enthusiastic and positive women (and a few guys). I find this forum very supportive and very willing to share. Admittedly there are a few bad apples, as they are everywhere else.

In a forum with hundreds or thousands of members, there will be differences in opinions and I think that's what makes it so interesting. I have learned a lot on the Cathe forum, and on occassion have changed or revised my opinion about some subjects based on discussions. If we all agreed all the time it would get pretty boring and none of us would learn anything or "broaden our horizon".

Sometimes posts come across as harsh, when in fact they are not meant that way. On a couple of occassions when I reread my posts I catch myself thinking, gosh that's not what I wanted to say or how I wanted to say it. We all have good and bad days, depending what is going on in our lives, how we slept .......

I don't expect everything to be idle sunshine and everyone loves and hugs each other all the time. Just as with "real life" friends and family there will be disagreement every once in a while.

On the other hand, there are always a few who constantly complain or try to stir up a controversy and I agree with Melissa, it would be better to ignore them - remind me that I said that, Melissa, next time I forget my promise again :p :+

I just think it is hard to really see where someone is coming from when you can't see their face. You only see what they are typing and that is only one facet in communication. Things can easily be misinterpreted.

Jennifer

LOL Carola! I definitely will!:7 I have to play it straight so that I don't break my New Year's resolution. And, so far, I haven't. :)

I don't think there's any more or less attitude here. It's just a reflection of any large group of people, some folks are sweet and lovely, some witty and amusing and some are chronically crabby. We all might have different opinions about who falls into which category but I like that, for the most part, we tolerate each other's collective yins and yangs quite nicely here.:)

Take Care
Laurie:)

>Nope. There isn't more attitude. It's just the same people
>with attitude posting. You get used to them and learn to
>ignore it.

Shelley, it's good to see that your ability to get right to the point has not changed! :D

I know I've said this here before,it is not that people had strong opinions that got under my skin a few times, but that they took offense when others had equally strong but different opinions on the same matter. But like others have said, we've got to learn to ignore those folks who always post nasty or negative stuff, or storm off in a huff when someone disagrees with them.

I must say I do enjoy a strong, respectful debate though.:)

Sparrow

Even after all this time the earth never says to the sun, "you owe me." Look what happens with a love like that.

It lights the whole sky.

- Hafiz

I ask my questions and move along I have enjoyed being part of this community I love the help and knowledge that is here. I use to belong to a Moms of Multiples Board and it got way to heated for me so this is the only one I belong too. I feel if you ask or say soemthing that brings on a debate you better wear your big girl/boy pants KWIM?
beth6395

"Double Knot your laces and let's move on"
-Cathe Friedrich

After such a long time, you just get accustomed to certain people and their responses. I just do a quiet eye roll (and maybe a few other things behind my screen) and move along. As long as no harm is involved, I don't waste my energy. For the most part, I rather enjoy the diversity.

Debbie

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

While I do see some negative posts from time to time I think the Cathe forum is a much more positive forum then most I read on the net. Some forums are really negative and topics getting out of hand and resulting in childish name calling and insults is a daily thing. Like another forum member mentioned the fact that people can hide behind a keyboard seems to bring out the ugly in some people. Maybe if some of those nastey forum members on other boards had Cathe workouts to relieve their stress they would not have such negative attitudes;-)

I think that this is one of the most supportive places I have ever found. I've lurked/posted/lurked/posted for 4 + years...and yes, there are always some who come specifically just to stir the pot. But, if you stay awhile and really read what goes on here...you will see some really unique bonding, and love for others (most often with people who have never even met) that I think is truly wonderful. And it's the reason I always come back. Yes, every once in awhile there is a tiff between regular members, but for the most part, it is just a bump in the road and then everyone moves on. Those who troll are usually outed and then forgotten.

Brandi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.