What's going in your Hospital Bag when you go into labour?

jdawnc

Cathlete
My husband and I have been talking and making a list of what we are going to bring to make the labour go as good as possible. Some items include my favorite music, hand massager, stress balls, exercise ball, good food and juice, nice bubble bath or lotions, and something of a focal point like a favorite picture.

What is everyone else packing?

Hello,
Since I have had 2 c-sections in the past, I can't really help you on what to bring that will help with labor, but I can suggest some good stuff for your stay (after baby is born)...
I've brought the following the in past, and I plan to bring them again.
-good magazines, a book
-gum/hardtack candy
-lip gloss
-make-up (sounds strange, but it will make you feel better the next day when you look and smell good)
-lotion/body wash/razor
-I brought snacks when I went to the hospital to have my first. I needed a c-section, so I couldn't eat. But, my hubby needed them (make sure he has all the food he'll need while waiting with you).
-slippers/socks
-don't bother bringing your own nightgown-it will get messy (I won't go into details here) Plan on wearing the hospital gown most of the time. A robe is helpful
-ipod

Hope this helps!
-Jen

I brought my own pj's and changed into them as soon as I had the baby and took a shower. It was sooo much nicer than staying in that icky hospital gown. I also brought a robe which really came in handy and a pair of slippers.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.