What's a girl gotta do to....

My IF program was different than what's mentioned here. I didn't fast everyday. I fasted two days a week, 24 hours. So, Monday I had breakfast, then fasted until Tuesday breakfast. Tuesday and Wednesday, I ate what I wanted, but I do tend to eat clean. I also have a gluten sensitivity. Thursday I ate breakfast, then fasted until Friday breakfast. Ate what I wanted Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Then started the cycle again. Loved this program, because five days a week I ate what I wanted. The first couple of fast days were kinda, sorta hard. Then it became a way of life, and wasn't hard at all. I found that if I thought I was hungry, drinking water helped. I wasn't really hungry, I was thirsty.

I’ve found that as I’ve started intermittent fasting there are some days when I don’t eat as much. I mean if I am busy I don’t get to maintenance, it’s not often but sometimes. I don’t necessarily think it’s an issue because everyone has those days. I am getting used to working out while fasting as time goes on. To be honest I used to eat this way normally without realizing I was fasting

...lose a little weight in menopause???? I've been keeping a food and exercise journal, working out 4-5 days a week and at least once a week upping the intensity by introducing a harder workout b/c I want to progress at the same time not overtrain or kill my joints. I'm not counting strict cals b/c that doesn't work for me, but I'm making healthier choices and watching portion sizes. After 4 weeks I weigh more than when I started. My blood work is all normal. I don't drink alcohol so no splurges there. I work full time at a job that I'm walking all day so no sedentary life style there. I know all the kind sentiments that people say such as "maybe you're eating more than you think", or "weight is only a number", or "just be happy with who you are" but I'm seriously frustrated here! I've reviewed past journals pre-menopause from a few years ago and I'd eat more and easily drop 2-3 lbs in one week! Just need to vent and ask for any success stories or ideas to keep me motivated.

We are all different and as we age we need to adjust our physical needs. I'm 61 and cut my cardio down to just strictly tabata 4-10 minutes max 2x a week plus 1x low impact hiit workout. I lift heavy 2x a week. So my tabata and heavy lifting are all done in one workout. My personal diet choice is keto. This all works perfectly for me. I am spending less time huffing and puffing and still maintaining as much muscle as possible. I LOVE weights! I also try to walk 4x a week 2.5 miles.

So true, as we get older it’s more about trying to figure out what works for you. It is definitely a search and can be extremely frustrating.

Hi Everyone,
I've been in a similar situation, gaining weight for what has felt like no reason at all. That said, I also sit all day. I have tried IF (just too hard for me), low carb, gluten free etc. Right now, the only thing that is working is just finally getting off all grains - ALL. I use almond flour for everything now and have increased my fat intake (I always took in a lot of fat anyway). I feel less bloated, less foggy brained, my stomach has deflated and I just feel better in general having no grains. I've upped my protein intake as well. I eat whatever I want now - just no grains. Almond flour is a good replacement. You can bake with it, make pie crusts for quiche etc.. It's working for me - at least for now. Good luck.

Hi Everyone,
I've been in a similar situation, gaining weight for what has felt like no reason at all. That said, I also sit all day. I have tried IF (just too hard for me), low carb, gluten free etc. Right now, the only thing that is working is just finally getting off all grains - ALL. I use almond flour for everything now and have increased my fat intake (I always took in a lot of fat anyway). I feel less bloated, less foggy brained, my stomach has deflated and I just feel better in general having no grains. I've upped my protein intake as well. I eat whatever I want now - just no grains. Almond flour is a good replacement. You can bake with it, make pie crusts for quiche etc.. It's working for me - at least for now. Good luck.
I've done the same. Dropped all grains. No bloating etc. Yes, this!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.