What treadmill do you have?

I use my treadmill mainly on the weekends too. I also have dvds to use with it,
But mostly use Peloton. I also sometimes will do a warmup walk, then do
Something else and maybe come back for a cooldown walk/stretch to finish.
They have so many possibilities!

The only thing about some of the Peloton treadmill workouts is I don't always care for the music. But since my treadmill has built in speakers, I put on my own music but just enough so I can still hear the instructor. Been working great so far.

So if people love using the Peloton app, is it better to get a treadmill that is NOT a NordicTrack? NordicTrack has their own app. I know we can subscribe to any app we want to but just curious if others have a treadmill that costs less than the Nordictracks but are just still as happy. I am not wanting to go crazy on this equipment. Light warm up, get in my steps, ensure overall daily movement. My older children may use it occasionally but none of us are going to knock out 4 miles of running at a time. :) TIA!

I bought mine during a clearance sale at Sears and got it about 50% off. I started looking this time of year because usually after the new year, fitness stuff goes on sale. I picked the Nordictrack that I have based upon what I wanted, the reviews, and the price. I got mine for under $800 but I had to go pick it up and put it together myself (with my husband). So for me, that was perfect. I bought cheaper ones in the past and things always went wrong and it wasn't a smooth walk and always made a tone of noise. I didn't care about blue tooth but it has it anyway. I have a small tv on a shelf in front of my treadmill so I use the Firestick instead of my phone because I have good WiFi and I like using the firestick because it's always usually easy. I haven't used the app for Nordictrack so I have no idea what it's like but I know that mine is IFit compatible but I don't care for IFit. The Peloton app is nice because it offers lots of different workouts daily and different types of workouts with or without equipment. I wasn't looking for something to control my treadmill for me because I usually don't go as fast as a lot of instructors so I would have been adjusting my speed anyway and IFit does that. Peloton also has a 30 day trial for anyone, you don't have to own a piece of their equipment and that's what I'm doing now to see if I'm more motivated and it's working. It's too easy to get bored on a treadmill, so this really changes things up a lot. Best of luck and hope you find one that fits your needs.

I bought mine during a clearance sale at Sears and got it about 50% off. I started looking this time of year because usually after the new year, fitness stuff goes on sale. I picked the Nordictrack that I have based upon what I wanted, the reviews, and the price. I got mine for under $800 but I had to go pick it up and put it together myself (with my husband). So for me, that was perfect. I bought cheaper ones in the past and things always went wrong and it wasn't a smooth walk and always made a tone of noise. I didn't care about blue tooth but it has it anyway. I have a small tv on a shelf in front of my treadmill so I use the Firestick instead of my phone because I have good WiFi and I like using the firestick because it's always usually easy. I haven't used the app for Nordictrack so I have no idea what it's like but I know that mine is IFit compatible but I don't care for IFit. The Peloton app is nice because it offers lots of different workouts daily and different types of workouts with or without equipment. I wasn't looking for something to control my treadmill for me because I usually don't go as fast as a lot of instructors so I would have been adjusting my speed anyway and IFit does that. Peloton also has a 30 day trial for anyone, you don't have to own a piece of their equipment and that's what I'm doing now to see if I'm more motivated and it's working. It's too easy to get bored on a treadmill, so this really changes things up a lot. Best of luck and hope you find one that fits your needs.

Thank you VERY much for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it!

Looking to buy a treadmill for the house. Looking at Lazada they are all over the place in price.

Not looking for anything fancy, don't need a heart rate monitor/screens/Bluetooth, etc just a standard, full-size treadmill. shapewizz The images for the units, I see online are deceptively pictured, making the unit look larger than it really is so I'm having a hard time finding one.

Does anyone have a cheap-ish one that they are satisfied with?

Last edited:
I have a Reebok SL8..0 treadmill that's great. (very solid, almost commercial quality).
For treadmill users out there, I highly recommend both the Aaptive App and the Apple Fitness Plus workouts, as well as Zwift (need a running pod for this though.)

I noticed I posted back in 2019 :), and was using the Peloton app to follow along...I like Peloton, but for the last year or so, I am hooked on the Ifit app.
OMG, they have so much content, and the best part now is you don't have to
Have their equipment to hook up to unless you want that...you can just use the
App and follow along, just like using any other apps....plus they have workouts for bikes, ellipticals, rowers, strength, indoor studio workouts and scenic
Workouts...like I said, I have been using it for over a year and highly recommend
It ....just thought I would pass along. I don't presently have Peloton, but once
In a awhile, I might sign up for a month to see what's new...

I noticed I posted back in 2019 :), and was using the Peloton app to follow along...I like Peloton, but for the last year or so, I am hooked on the Ifit app.
OMG, they have so much content, and the best part now is you don't have to
Have their equipment to hook up to unless you want that...you can just use the
App and follow along, just like using any other apps....plus they have workouts for bikes, ellipticals, rowers, strength, indoor studio workouts and scenic
Workouts...like I said, I have been using it for over a year and highly recommend
It ....just thought I would pass along. I don't presently have Peloton, but once
In a awhile, I might sign up for a month to see what's new...
I still like using the Peloton app not just for my treadmill, but I do yoga from them almost daily. I love their yoga and I never get tired of it.

We bought a Matrix TM when our 20 year old LifeFitness finally died. The only thing my hubby wished is we got the bigger screen. It is fine for me as I am the one that uses it daily. I have the Peloton app and love it. I do walks, runs, TM bootcamps, yoga the most.

My Matrix came with a year free iFit but I really don't care for it. I was using it for a while for the walks and I like how it automatically adjusts incline but I always had to adjust speed because it just wasn't where I wanted it to be and I didn't care for the instructors. Since my year is almost up I keep getting requests to renew my membership but for the price it isn't worth it. It would cost around $400 a year.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.