What step do you all recommend?

I have ordered Basic Step & Body Fusion & Low Impact Step...is a circuit size step big enough? Or do I need a club-sized step? Thank you in advance. —Beth
Well, you don't "need" a full sized club step, however, I've used both over the years & gave away the smaller circuit step. I thought it would be easier to transport when I visited family, and it was, but I didn't care for it. I bought a second used club step on Ebay and just left it there. Now that my mother has passed the second step has a permanent spot in a corner for weight lifting workouts. OTOH, I suppose if the circuit step was all you knew, you wouldn't know any difference and would be fine with it. Guess I'm not much help ... hope you enjoy your step workouts :)

I started out with a shorter step and I didn't find any problems doing step workouts on it. It was definitely easier to do moves that involved going over the long part of the step, such as long hop-turns. It wasn't so good as a substitute weight bench though. The reason I swapped to a full size step was because of the type of risers. The step I had was a different brand of step that had clip on risers and one of the clip on bits broke on the step platform part making the step useless. I tried gluing it back together but it just kept on breaking. So I decided to get a full size step with the separate risers like the ones Cathe uses.

It depends if you are a beginner or if you are more advanced.

If you are more center on stepping and not going to do any weight training and a beginner I suggest you get a smaller step, which is called a circuit step.

But, if you are going to do weight training too I suggest you get the bigger step. You will be doing exercises that you need a bench and the gym Step is perfect for this.

There is a step from SouthernGirl. But, it is shorter in length and the top has a weird material on it. That material is soft and I found I could slip on it. And when you do it with risers it moves.

I like TheStep with the bubble cover. It is rubber and not plastic like the old step on it. And that step doesn't move as much.

If you have the big gym step you could modify the movement. Instead of going to the corners, go to half the distance and work yourself up to it.

Hope this helps,
Jennifer Denny

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.