What should I do??

sbigelow

Cathlete
I am a stay-at-home Mom wanting to re-enter the workforce and I was offered and accepted a part-time office job with good hours, and o.k pay starting May 24th. Since accepting this job, I had 2 people call me for part-time positions I had sent resumes to a little over a month ago. One is a for Federal job for a Medical Assistant and the other one with a pharmaceutical firm for a Drug Safey Assistant...all office jobs. One interview is tomorrow and I have yet to set up the other one. I figured I might as well see what they have to offer. If one of the offers(if they even offer me the job) is just too good to pass up, do you think it is unethical to tell this employer that I already accepted the position with that I won't be taking this position after all. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

No - I don't think it's unethical. It happens all the time. I think it's much worse to start the position and then leave shortly afterwards for a different job. That happens too, but it definitely leaves the first employer with a negative impression of you.

If you later decide not to take the first position, try to tell them very soon and the moment that you know. If a better opportunity comes along, you need to think of yourself. At the same time, you want to be as fair as possible to the employer.

Good luck!
Christine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.