What next?

JackieS

Well, I did the wedding tape today. First Cathe experience ever. I was afraid to try her tapes because I had read on VF how difficult they can be, but to my surprise I sailed on through the Wedding tape and LOVED it so much that I was disappointed when it was over. However, I believe this tape would be better for a lighter cardio day for me, my heart rate never really soared. My question is this: what would you suggest as a next level up from this tape, both choreography and intensity wise, something a little more challenging? I can't wait to try some more of these tapes! Thanks in advance.
Jackie
P.S. First time posting here so forgive me if I mess up!

Oh no...you've got "the bug"!

I've never tried the Wedding tape (heard lots about it-can't believe I haven't done it) but I think a couple of tapes which would be the next step up would be Step Heat, Step Max, Step Jam, &/or Step Fit. Is that enough for you
happy.gif
? The nice thing about Cathe is that everything flows and feels natural, my first Cathe tape was Power Max and that remains one of my all time faves-it's definitely intense and I think that while the choreography is somewhat complex, it's manageable! Good luck & welcome to the "Can't Get Enuf of Cathe Club"
happy.gif

Julie

Hi Jackie!

You did good!! No mess-ups! I would suggest Mega Step Blast. It is one of Cathe's older tapes, but I really like it. It is a good video to advance to from The Wedding Tape which I also have. The steps are fairly basic: A-Steps, diagonals, etc. It has a ricochet step that took me a few times to get down but once you get it, it is a blast! MEGA STEP BLAST!! Let me know what you decide. One more thing:It has a "Bun Blaster" section that is challenging & a tough part of the tape, but I love it. Gotta work those BUNS!
happy.gif
Welcome to the group. You'll be hooked now.

Hello Jackie!

Hi Jackie,

My first Cathe tape was Step Jam checked out from the library. Prior to Cathe, Gilad & Charlene Prickett were the only step tapes I had done.

I took about 2 hours one afternoon & worked my way through SJ. That first day there was lots of rewinding, but I couldn't believe how much fun it was! I was a little upset that I had let Collage's reviews of Cathe's choreography intimidate me.

Anyway, by the time I did Step Jam the third time I didn't need to rewind at all & was a die hard Cathe fan. Can 47 minutes of exercise really go by so quickly?

I just purchased my second batch of Cathe tapes. I haven't worked through them all, but here are my suggestions for you based on your review of the wedding tape. Step Jam, Power Max, Step Works or Step Fit.

Wow!, that'll put a dent in your credit card! Have fun & welcome to one of the best web sites there is!

Hi, Jackie

If you want to increase both intensity and choreography, I might suggest Step Jam. Step Heat and Step Max are probably higher in intensity than the Wedding Tape, but still fairly basic choreography. If you want to really challenge yourself, you could try PowerMax. This seems to be a lot of people's favorite, including mine; I actually started with this one, and didn't have as much trouble as I thought I would. I put the step down a notch while learning it, and had most of the steps down after about the 4th time or so.

Have fun,
Audrey

Here's what I'm doing...

....I'm a new Cathe stepper. First I did IntervalMax because the Collage description was "moderate." I've since learned to discount these descriptions...they did nothing but scare me! Then I did Mega Step Blast, and now I just tried Step Max.

I previewed all the other tapes, and will do Body Max and then MIC. Could kick myself for not trying these "complex" tapes sooner! Don't be a chicken! Cathe's crew will not laugh at you through the TV.....you're in your living room all alone. No one will know if you mess up!
wink.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.