What is your favorite movie?

beeg123

Cathlete
Since tonight is movie night at my house and in an effort to put off cleaning the kitchen as long as possible, I thought I'd ask what movie is your favorite? You know, the movie that you watch everytime it comes on TV, no matter how many times you have seen it before and you can quote it word for word. I actually have three-Wizard of Oz, The Last of the Mohicans, and Gone With the Wind. What about you?

Beth

OOPS!Almost forgot Braveheart(although I am not too fond of the really bloody battle scenes.)

Jaws, Yup, I always have to watch that. Another is Boon Dock Saints.
Gosh, now that I'm looking at the way I spelled that it doesn't look right. Huh, oh well. It's gotta be close.

Kathy

I have three and can't decide which is my favorite.

1. Chariots of Fire--it inspired me to start running when I was in college.
2. Reds
3. Cabaret

Funny how Jaws made the list. I love it too and finally got the anniversary DVD last year. Can't believe it's been 30 years since it's first release!

Manhattan...I would watch this movie everyday if I could. As for others....I would probably keep any Woody Allan movie on if I happened to catch it. My other favorites being: Deconstructing Harry, Hannah and Her Sisters and Annie Hall.

I gotta add one more.

Little Women - The 1949 version with June Allyson and Elizabeth Taylor. I can never pass that one by when it's on.

Gone With the Wind
Pride and Prejudice (BBC version on A&E)
On the Town with Gene Kelly
Little Women
The Others with Nicole Kidman

Happy - What's up Doc with Ryan O'Neil and Barbara Strisand. My husband can't see the humor, but I just can't stop laughing at that film.

Touching - To Kill a Mockingbird. Everytime I see it, I am so overcome.

Cheryl

If I had to choose just one, it would be "Casablanca." I just think it's as close to a perfect movie as you can get. (okay, Ingrid Bergman says she was wearing a dress and when they show the flashback, she has on a suit, but still...)

The dialogue is so wonderful.

What kind of man is he, Mr. Rick?

Just like any other man, only more so.

LOVE IT!!!!

My favorite movies are:

Walk the Line (Walk the Line, and did I mention, Walk the Line)
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Bridget Jones (I and II)
Gone with the Wind
The American President (watched it yesterday)

Carola

Here are some of mine:

Bridget Jones Diary
Love Actually
Someone Like You
For The Love of the Game
A League of Their Own
It's a Wonderful Life

Now I want to go pull out all my DVDs and watch movies all night!

Have a good weekend.
Shelbygirl

TeTe - I think we were separated at birth:

Ugarte: You despise me, don't you?
Rick: Well, if I gave you any thought, I probably would.

Rick: You played it for her, you can play it for me.

I adore Casablanca.

Older:

Tootsie
Shawshank Redemption
The Color Purple

More recent:

Crash
Little Miss Sunshine
The Pursuit of Happyness

Diane

If it's on tv: The Wizard of Oz and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory(the orginal), Shallow Hal, and many Adam Sandler movies.

Favorite movies: Crash, Swingers, While You Were Sleeping, Urban Cowboy and The Outsiders and the School of Rock

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.