What is on your Easter menu?

Worknprogress

Cathlete
We are having Easter at our home this year and am not sure if I will go with the traditional ham or try something completely new.

What are all of you making?

Ham from the Honey Baked Ham company. I don't know what to put with it.
I was thinking pasta and veggies.

Great thread! I hope I get some ideas.;)
I have my table ready all in pastel colors. I'm getting out my stemware to run through the dishwasher. I like to bring out all the china for holidays.:)

I don't know!? I am eating at my dear SIL's and even she hasn't decided yet! :) It ought to be good though since I haven't had a cheat day since December! :)

I'm making dinner rolls (children's request!), salmon, soup (probably cream of asparagus) and salad.

Here's our traditional Easter Menu:

Morning:
Kielbasa, Hard Boiled Eggs, Babka, Rye Bread, Horseradish (oh baby! )

Dinner:
Whole Boneless Ham
Au Gratin Potatoes
Baked Potatoes
Peas (for my boys)
Some other veggie (for adults)... would love some ideas!
SnowFlake Rolls

Dessert:
Birthday Cake (it's my mom's 85th! Birthday)
Choc Chip Cookies
Choc Cream pie (my son's request)
bakery cookies

Looks like there's gonna be some good eats going on this weekend! :)

DH and I are going to a pot luck brunch. We're bringing roasted vegetables and some sort of fruit dish.

We're going to my parents. I talked to my mom on Saturday and she said she is making:
roast beef
mashed potatoes/gravy
stuffing
corn
broccoli
creamed cucumbers
coleslaw
my son requested pumpkin pie

I'm trying a new recipe for coconut cake and taking that.

We're eating at my in laws and she asked me to bring a roast turkey breast so we could have that along with the ham. No problem, since I love turkey and can't stand ham!

Plus, I am making the mocha cake and the mashed sweet potatoes with orange essence from The Food You Crave cookbook.

My MIL is the kind of cook that adds butter and cream to everything so I plan on having the turkey with my sweet potatoes at dinner. If I want to cheat, I don't want it to be with vegetables- that seems silly to me. :)

I always like something with jello for the big holiday dinners, and a seven layer salad is usually a big hit.
Other ideas, I have a really good (tasting, not for you) Chinese cabbage salad recipe too.
I have no idea if we are having anything at my moms. I guess I should ask. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.