What gave you better results?

katia7

Cathlete
What gave you better results when it comes to weights loss (size loss)?
I know that clean eating is very importand and that it's best to do both cardio and weight. To loose size do you think that one should focus MORE on weights or cardio?

Katia

Hi Katia,

I think this varies person to person. For me, I've always thought I was a decent eater but have recently discover hidden sugar & fat that I didn't know was in my diet. I have truly cleaned up my eating & have stopped all cardio for a while. I've been concentrating on muscle size for about 5 weeks now. While I haven't lost any weight, I have lost inches. My waist & hips are considerable smaller than they were when I started this. My biceps are bigger & my thighs are also smaller.

But I know there are people that NEED cardio. It's all a matter of body chemistry.

Fitness Goddess,

What type body are you? I have been going back and forth on this subject for a while. Are you short or tall? Do you gain weight easily? etc.

Thanks

I'm average height, 5'6". I gain weight VERY easily but then again, I really f'ed up my metabolism in high school, I was bolemic. I don't gain muscle easily either. So, doing more weights & no cardio has been FABULOUS for me.

If you do a search for "less cardio" you should find that a lot of people are talking about the results they are getting with less. I know FitNut has posted on the Video & DVD Questions forum (here's a link....http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=21291&mesg_id=21291&page=).

It's not much help but you just have to experiment & find what works for you.

They are ALL important, but from my own experience, the element that made the most dramatic difference is weight training. This being said, I would not undertake a "major overhaul" just by doing weight training.

I agree with Fitness Goddess that it varies from person to person, and with Honeybunch1 that, given these elements are all important, bringing in consistent strength training has been crucial for me.

For much of my early workout career (ahem!) it was overwhelmingly cardio, and if I skipped a day I poofed out like a marshmallow. I felt like a hamster on a treadmill.

However, now that strength training is an integral part of my weekly program, my whole body composition remains much more consistent day after day. I don't weigh myself and "weight loss" isn't a goal of mine so I can't speak to that, but I can say that each element needs to be present - attention to good nutrition, sound cardio and sound strength training.

I'm about 5'3", and I tend to strengthen and muscle up fairly easily, so I've evolved to the point where I spend roughly equal amounts of time on cardio and weight lifting. Seems to work.

a-jock

Sherry, WoW! That's impressive. Okay so I have to comment on a few things from your album. 1.YOU LOOK FABULOUS! 2. what an adorable video library. 3. Your son is such a hottie, Woah.....think I'm going to go back to bed and try to dream about him. Whew, got a cold shower? teehee. Anyway, COngrats, you are obviously living a superb life. :7

Wow Sherry. You do look great! You need to be in one of Cathe's videos girlfriend! Your pictures are great motivation for me. Thanks.
Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.