What fruits have you missed out on all your life

Tamrahan

Cathlete
What fruits have you missed out on all your life because you knew you didn't like them only to try them one day and discover you actually DO like them.

I've never had mangos before until I ordered a salad in a restaurant one day a few weeks ago that had mangos in it and discovered they were really good. So I bought one at the grocery store the other day and next to them were plums. I bought one of them too since they look like tiny apples sort of and discovered I like them too. Now I'm in the mood to try new stuff that I've never tried before.
How about you?

Cherries! When I was a kid I always thought I hated cherries, and I still hate cherry-flavored things and those bright red cherries on ice cream sundaes. Then my MIL got us one of those "fruit of the month" gifts, and the cherries looked so good I had to try one. They were fabulous, and I have loved cherries ever since!

ALL OF THEM! LOL I grew up eating meat, potatoes and veggies, but fruit was something I never ate. Never tried them. For several reasons, one of them being I had 'issues' with textures in my mouth. I'm not a gagger, compared to my older DS (lol), but certain textures got my mind thinking about eating yucky things! :)

Anyway....

About 4 years ago when I re-entered the fitness world, I decided it was time to try. I began with bananas. Then strawberries. Then grapes and watermelon, and before I knew it, I LIKED THEM ALL! Can't live without them now!

Gayle

p.s. (same thing with yogurt, although I'm still trying to get used to PLAIN yogurt.)

ALL OF THEM! LOL I grew up eating meat, potatoes and veggies, but fruit was something I never ate. Never tried them. For several reasons, one of them being I had 'issues' with textures in my mouth. I'm not a gagger, compared to my older DS (lol), but certain textures got my mind thinking about eating yucky things! :)

Anyway....

About 4 years ago when I re-entered the fitness world, I decided it was time to try. I began with bananas. Then strawberries. Then grapes and watermelon, and before I knew it, I LIKED THEM ALL! Can't live without them now!

Gayle

p.s. (same thing with yogurt, although I'm still trying to get used to PLAIN yogurt.)

I too was raised on meat and potatoes. on occasion I would eat an apple or orange or canned peach but not much else.

About 10 years ago I bought a Star fruit at the market but when I cut into it I couldn't eat it.

The past month or so I've been eating the fresh white peaches mixed with cottage cheese. yumm. And now that I discovered plums I add one of those too.

6449927_bodyshot_175x233_1223582091926.gif

Pineapple and dates. The only pineapple that was ever available to me as a kid was canned and the few times I tried it it tasted sour to me. Then a few years ago I actually tried fresh pineapple and WOW now I love it and blended pineapple by itself is my favorite salad dressing.

I'd never tried dates because they just seemed unappealing to me and then I saw someone refer to mejool dates as tasting like caramels. Now I eat a few pretty much every day. And yes, they really do have the sweetness and texture of caramels.

dates

I'd never tried dates because they just seemed unappealing to me and then I saw someone refer to mejool dates as tasting like caramels. Now I eat a few pretty much every day. And yes, they really do have the sweetness and texture of caramels.

They are really good (going waaaay off the clean eating here) stuffed with a little bit of cream cheese. Yumm.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.