What do you think about....

Skyy2

Cathlete
Attachment Parenting? good or bad

I never knew that the way I raised my boys had a name for it until I was leafing through a book at Borders. There are websites and communities about it. my hubby doesn't totally agree with some of the attachment tools; like bed sharing and baby weaing.

What do you all think about attachment parenting?

whats wrong with baby wearing? Well I'm all for it. I wouldn't say I do it 100% though cause I will use a swing/bouncer/exersaucer etc. (some AP don't like using baby entertainment stuff but I'm not that strict on it) but for the most part my boys were attachment parented before I knew what it was. I have about 3 slings and 1 baby carrier ready for use when hes born. I cosleep but I keep a bed next to mine instead of them with me for most of the night. If I let them in my bed I have my arm around them and thats mostly for nursing. But I also have a crib in his room for naps and big stretches of sleep. But if I have my arm around them I sleep very light and every peep they make wakes me up. There are safe ways to do it and I feel like its totally natural. You really have to read up on different sites. most sites are either for it or against it and it really has to go with what your comfortable with but I hope you get a balanced view. Try reading on kellymom.com like this page: http://www.kellymom.com/parenting/index.html
I plan to use the book "no cry sleep solution" for this one which I already read and it was great info. Some of it I already knew and did instinctively. I also like Dr Sears books.

Jess.. thank you for the link to the website. I can spend quite a bit of time on that site. I was reading on how to calm a fussy baby. There is a lot of good information there.

I also like to read Dr. Sears. I am looking through the Baby Book as well.

What about anyone else? What do others think? Good? or bad?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.