What color are your bedroom walls?

Sage green. Everything else is cream. It all looked wonderful after I was done with it but now I'm bored with the color and want to repaint. The new color has to match the cream though. I don't want to re-refinish all the furniture just to make it match with a new wall color.:)

I've seen rooms done in red (in magazines and shows on HGTV) and they didn't make the room look smaller at all. I think it all depends on what else you put in the room. Most of applied art/design is about fooling the eye. I'd stay away from fire engine red. We once bought a property that had a living room of this color. It looked like the place was burning.:) I'd probably go for the dusky reds, those reds with a tinge of gray in them. The gray tends to neutralize the tendency of red to be visually overpowering.

I go to behr.com to "experiment" with color palettes. Then I go to Home Depot to look for the actual swatches.

Hope this helps,
Pinky

Mine is an orange-reddish color. It's bright, but not loud. I almost want to call it watermelon. It's beautiful to me. My comforter is a Calvin Klein one in a lavendar color with purple flowers. The same one Carrie had on Sex & the City. To me, this combination looks so cool. ALso, I love the warmth of that color and it is the most relaxing room for me.

Marla

I was going to paint my walls sage green but I read somewhere to consider how the colour of your walls will reflect on your skin...you don't want to look green in the bedroom!!!

I've decided to paint the wall behind the headboard a deep red. My friend painted her entire room red and it looks wonderful...for her, too much for me. Warning though, she compromised on paint quality and ended up using 6 coats!!! She should have bought the more expensive stuff in the first place. IMO Benjamin Moore is the best.
Behr.com has the best online tool
benjaminmoore.com has lots of inspirational pics.

I love experimenting and am forever in the process of repainting another room in my house. I'm fickle when it comes to my 'favourite colour' - it changes with the seasons!
Have fun!
Trish

Mine is kind of a brownish tan color with wide crown & baseboard moldingings in a cream color and a dark brown braid stip around the base of the crown molding and cream plantation shutters. This is in the master bath as well. It works with the southwestern look we have in our home and the southwestern comforter that is on our bed.
Diane Sue

Builder White! I moved into my house over seven years ago and never had time to paint! Now, I want to move, so I can't see painting! (Also, the drywall needs a lot of work and that comes first!!!!)

I have to ask what "Builder White" is? and Im assuming it has nothing to do with "Builder Crack" (sorry! couldnt resist)

My bedroom walls are Slate Gray with Bergandy Trim.

Marion

You have to stay in shape. My Grandmother started walking when she was 60. Today she is 97 and we don't know where the hell she is! - Ellen DeGeneres

Every room in my house that I wanted to be a neutral color (bedroom included) is Tender Taupe. All four walls and the ceilings, of course! I went crazy in the kitchen with Drumbeat (red) and crazy texture and in a bathroom with a color I call Granny Green! I took a decorating course a few years back and have been going nuts ever since!

We have the Ralph Lauren satin paint on ours. I forget the name, but it's a sage green. I have the Croscill Cassis/Chambord bedding which has plums/greens & roses on it. I have the matching border on the walls too. I LOVE it!!

Aila

It is the paint that the builder uses - the white paint that comes off of the walls when you wipe them! No semi-gloss here!!x(

I painted mine sage green a couple of years ago - I love the color! It doesn't make the room look smaller, and I have chosen eggplant as the color for the comforter and accents.

Sage green, like Pinky. My bed linens are sage green, creme and caramel, and the furniture is all painted (formerly blond pine) and distressed -- a very dark, espresso brown. Draperies and chair are textured fabrics in coordinated shades of darker and lighter sage green. The carpet is neutral wool, kind of a light speckly brown berber. The adjacent bathroom has neutral limestone on the floor and walls (half-way up), the walls are painted with a subtle faux finish that's the bedroom sage green "sponged" with caramel, and I had the countertops done in 4X4 sage-green matte-finish tiles. I think the bathroom is my favorite part, and the tile countertops my VERY favorite (and the tile was very inexpensive!)

It's a pretty room and very restful. We have a ton of vibrant color all through our downstairs rooms, especially my kitchen, and when we spruced up the bedroom and bathroom a few years ago I really wanted that soothing, quiet look. We've been really happy with it. Not tired of it yet. :)

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-001.gif
[font color=green]2005 Worked Out With Cathe Days 20/40/365 (the ankle is ALMOST healed! :))

Another sage green here--I find the color very soothing, kind of like being in a forest in mid afternoon. :)

My linens are a cream/green/lilac combo. I absolutely love the color scheme of my bedroom--it's without a doubt my favorite in the house.

Mine is called Gobi Beige (sort of a greenish beige with gold highlights). These are all Duron paints. My whole house is only three colors. For all three colors if they are next to something green, they look more beige, but if they are against something beige, they look green.

All of the bedrooms are Gobi Beige, the family room, my office, kitchen, and dining room are Spice Bounty (a darker, sort of sagey green with gold highlights) and my hallways are all Coastal Pointe (the lighest of the three and a light greenish beige with gold highlights).

We just build a new house and I spent weeks going through model homes and finally found one that I just loved the colors, but couldn't figure how what they were after trying to match them with tons of paint chips. Finally, we went to the basement, found the empty paint cans and got the colors. The rooms just seem to flow from one to another and I've had lots of people asked me who my decorator was because they love the colors. I've used a soft golden tan for my furniture and red as an accent color in all the rooms. It's very restful, but rich looking (if I do say so myself!).

Cheryl

Thanks for the great response!
I'll check the links out, especially the Behr link.

I really like the idea of one wall red and the others neutral; but the only problem with that is that my bed is HUGE because it has a mirror, lights, and the "dressers" attached on the side. (It's not as gaudy as it sounds...its pretty.) There isn't a lot of wall showing behind it though.

Thanks again!
SHirley

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.