What color are your bedroom walls?

I'd like to paint my bedroom but I'm not sure what color I'm going to use. I was thinking yellow, but then thought that I didn't want to wake up feeling like I'm in a nursery. I like the reds they use on Trading Spaces and other such shows, but won't that make my room look even smaller? My comforter is a cream color. Any suggestions?

Shirley

Maybe a faux finish that includes cream? Mine are green but in my living room and bathroom I have the faux finish (simialr to sponged look) and I love it.

You can always just paint the main wall(perhaps where the bed is) red and the other 3 walls a coordinating or contasting color.

I like rich dark colors. I don't think they make the room look a lot smaller only because pictures and furniture cover most of the paint job. If you coodinate the acesssories around the room with everything else, it will take focus off "just" red walls.

I have plain old beige walls. Were painted that way when we moved in and just have not changed it.

I have become a fan of the color lavender or any shade of purple really...My sil's dining room is lavender and it looks really pretty. She got curtains, and an area rug to complement. Gorgeous! I want to paint a room in my home that color one day!

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

I painted mine a very pale violet/lilac a couple of years ago and still love it. I put a border up at the top that matches. My curtains/comforter are a dark purple. It makes it a little less girly, but still feminine. :)

It's funny that you asked this question right now. I am in the process of having my entire house painted, and am about to move the project upstairs, starting with our master bedroom. I'm looking for a sage green color (sort of a medium grayish green) but I'm having trouble finding the exact shade that suits me. I did discover that colors that seem lighter downstairs appear way too dark in the bedrooms (I can't explain that one just yet).

Another option for your bedroom is to paint it a neutral/light color and add a wallpaper border. In one of our rooms we went with beigy-with-slight-gold-tone walls and a dark burgendy border and it came out awesome.

Shelbygirl

boring white.. but when we finally get around to redoing that room (we are doing them slowly one room at a time) as of right now... i want blue (although cream sounds nice too!)

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Mine is a color called Darwin Gray but on the walls it's more of a light blue/gray. I have a white comforter and dark espresso stained furniture with silver pulls. It's a very soothng color and looks great with my comforter and furniture.

My bedroom color is dark plum. It looks SO nice with my furniture. Hubby wants to paint the dining room dark green....Not sure if I want to go there!

Ralph Lauren makes the most beautiful colors in the world! I have lots of experience painting, and painting, and painting some more, and his brand is the best!

My bedroom is Venetian Red, and I absolutely love it. I do not think it makes my room smaller because the corners sort of fade away almost making it seem bigger. I love it in any light, bright sunshine or at night with candles;-) It was a surprise for my husband and very similiar to "While You Were Out" because I did it all in a few days while he was gone. Total room makeover and turned out great.

My room is a very mellow butter color of yellow and I love it. The bedding is a beige color with sage color sheets.

I did have to re-paint the yellow once - and the color was a bit harsh - or brassy - if that makes sense...

Different colors supposedly have different effects on people:
red: stimulating, and also stimulates appetite (notice how many fast-food and other restaurants have a red theme),

yellow: can be emotionally overirritating. Yellow kitchens are supposedly a reason why so many arguments go on in that room.
Blue or green: calming.

My bedroom walls are currently white (blah! Need a paint job!), but I will eventually paint them light blue.

Light colors on walls make the space look larger, while dark colors make it look smaller (could be more "cozy" with the right dark color).

Mine is painted with Ralph Lauren Victoria Falls -- a very dark (close to hunter) green. I was afraid the dark color was going to "close us in." I was SOOOOO wrong. I love it!!!

Don't be afraid of color.

Mine if forest green with cream trim. We live in the woods so it has a lodgy look to it! Actually our whole house is a lodge theme.

Jo

I did mine in a moss green. Go on the Behr website and you can use a nifty tool for coordinating colors for your room. In the Explore Color page, they have the same program that Home Depot has in their store, but you don't have to wait for someone else to get off of it. I've used this for the last 3 painting projects in my home and have been extremely pleased with the results.

http://www.behr.com/behrx/workbook/

Hi,

My house runs the gamut when it comes to paint colors. My husband just finished repainting our living room; it's a Benjamin Moore color called Valley Forge Brown-looks like a rich chocolate, with brick colored accessories. My kitchen is a brick red, BM Terra Cotta Tile, with blue accessories for pops of color. Our master bedroom is a rich cream-BM same name and again I used blue toile accessories. The kitchen and 1/2 bath are variations of a yellow-gold called BM Semolina. One daughter's room is BM Yellow Lotus with lavender and green accessories. And my other daughter's room is BM Potpourri Green with yellow. As you can see we LOVE color in our home. So I say go with what makes you feel good, and don't follow all the rules! Good Luck!

Klaudia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.