weightloss problems

pomsR#1

I am working out so much but yet my weight will NOT go down a pound!! what could be wrong with me?

Too much working out can put you into a stress hormone situation, your body could be releasing cortisol which seems to inhibit your ability to lose weight. Also, not eating enough fat or eating too much carbohydrate can cause a problem for some people (me included.) Usually, its the eats and not the workouts. Yoga seems to help me a lot and also running (if possible.) I'm in the same boat I have about 50 pounds to lose, but I've lost 80 and kept it off for over a year. Can you tell us about your rotation and what you eat? That might give us more insight into what the problem could be. Also, for me, protein shakes seemed to prevent fat loss and only helped in building muscle.

Without more information, it's hard to say. My first impulse is that you are probably not eating enough which causes your body to go into starvation mode and hold on to every fat cell for dear life.

are you losing inches?clothes fitting looser?sometimes i will lose inches around the waist and thighs but my weight will either stay the same or go up. so many more factors then just losing weight b/c with weight you could be loosing water,fat AND muscle. you want muscle!

kassia

I don't have any answers for you but just wanted to say that your profile picture is adorable.

Could you be gaining muscle and losing fat? Muscle is heavier, so the scale would stay the same. How do your clothes fit? Are they getting looser? Really, the amount of weight lost doesn't matter - it's body fat loss that counts.

(if not, have a look at my signature for other clues!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.