Weight Watchers activity points and Cathe workouts

Minus56

I know there are a number of people in this forum who have successfully lost weight combining the Weight Watchers' points program and Cathe's workouts. I joined WW on July 2, last year, and reached my goal in February of this year (57 pounds). Since reaching goal, I've continued to lose another 11 pounds, primarily because I am so active. I've lost 68 pounds, and do not want to lose anymore. My goal these days is simply to maintain my weight, while continuing to condition my body. What I'm wondering is - how many points do other people eat per day, for maintenance, while working out six days a week?

Currently I'm eating 29-31 points a day (I'm 5' 4"), which is above the recommended number of points for my height. So far, this has slowed the weight loss; it's too soon to tell whether it's stopped altogether. However, I'm still finding myself hitting hungry patches on most days. I should mention that I do a Cathe workout 6 days a week: cardio on 5 days, and weight training on about 4 days (this varies). I guesstimate my cardio activity points to be around 25-27 a week, my weight workouts to be 5-7 points a week, and then I earn about 5 more points doing yoga for warm ups and cool downs. I'm really, really happy with my workout routines, but would appreciate some advice on balancing my nutritional input with my activity output. I do not think that Weight Watcher's anticipates that people workout at Cathe Intensity on such a regular basis. How have the rest of you balanced this?

Thanks very much for any advice!!
Sandra

How do you figure "cardio activity and weight workouts points"?

Congratulations on your achievement!
Your workout regimen is inspiring.

Sandra,

Congratulations on your tremendous weight loss! According to WW online, high intensity exercise, regardless of weight or cardio activity, is 7 points for 1 hour per work out for a person that weighs 145 lbs (me). HOWEVER, you are not supposed to eat more than 4 of those a day. I'm guessing that at 5'4" you weigh about 120--a high intensity workout would earn 6 activity points.

I'm wondering though, where you were told to do points according to height. I've always been told--even when I attended meetings-- points are alotted by weight. I weigh 145 & am allowed 18 to 23 points a day PLUS 4 activity points.

If you are continuing to lose weight eating 29 to 31 points, I recommend eating more. I have spoken to people that eat about 10 points more than they are allowed in a day & continue to lose weight. My guess is to increase gradually until you stop losing weight.

Do you go to meetings or use the on-line program? If you are attending meetings, I recommend speaking to the leader. If you are using the online program, post on their "maintenance" board & see if some of the "experts" over there can be of more help.

came back to say that I don't use points "per week." I do it daily otherwise I would get too confused. The points mentioned above are per day.

Hi Sandra!

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your achievement, not only in losing the weight you wanted to lose but also on developing terrific long-term wellness habits. It sounds like you made some really major changes in your life for the better. Good for you!!!!!!!!

It strikes me that 11 more pounds since goal is a lot to lose on your frame if you didn't intend it -- I'm just trying to help you figure out what ought to change in your routine to "even out" the weight maintenance.. When you were on the weight loss program, how many points per day did you eat and how much physical activity did you do? In other words, how has either of those variables changed during your weight loss year? And how much has either of those variables changed in the last few months since you met your goal weight?

One other thing -- when you say you do a Cathe workout 6 days a week with 5 cardios and 4 strength trainings, frankly the first thing that hits me is that you may be overtraining -- and even if not to the extent of injury, you may simply be doing more than you need to meet your fitness goals and to keep your weight stable. How many hours a day are you working out?

Just food for thought.

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif Kathy S.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.