Weight Loss

lrhollid

Cathlete
I bought a new scale recently (after tossing my old into the trash this summer), and was amazed to see how much weight I have lost since Christmas: 13 pounds! I knew my clothes were fitting better and I've had to replace some of my pants because they are too big, but I'm surprised at this loss. I became a vegetarian before Christmas and have been trying to eat as much fresh fruits and vegetables as I can. I've noticed my appetite has really gone down, too. I've been trying to lose weight for years; I worked out six days a week 1+hour every day. Things got firmer, but my size and weight stayed about the same. It was frustrating. However, adding a new way of eating in has made all the difference! Go veggies:)

L

Congrats! Isn't it awesome when all of a sudden you notice a big weight dip?:) I bet it will keep you motivated!!!
Lori:)

That's right! I managed to PASS the pizza place on my way home from class, even though I had been fantasizing about it for the past 30 minutes and ate a salad... I'm keeping my new job in mind,too-- I think a new wardrobe is in order!!!! Now that's motivating:)

L

Hi,

I found the same thing! I went veg around Thanksgiving and lost 4 pounds by new years--a lot for a short person.

End of January I started eating a little bit of meat again and wouldn't you know, my weight is back where I started.

So it's back to veg for me! Besides all the health reasons I like being 4 pounds lighter with really no special effort.

Glad that happened for you!

Bella

:)

Oh..thats another awesome thing.When you go clothes shopping, you pick up the size you would normally where, get in the dressing room and then you have to ask the lady for a smaller size!:)
DH and I just got back from a trip but before we headed to the airport we went to the mall.He found some jeans he really liked and it was buy one get the other 1/2 off.He couldn't find a second pair he liked so he asked if I saw anything.I saw one pair but we were running late so I hurried and tried them on.I took 28's and 29's in, and the 28's fit perfect. But after wearing them for a few hours they stretched and are to big so I should have bought a 27 which I would have never done. But in the beginning if I didn't try them on b/c we were short on time, I would have bought the 29's.Sometimes we shrink and we don't even realize it!:)
Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.