weight loss rotation using hardcore

kimmijo

Hi everyone- I want to see if someone can help me plan a weight loss rotation using the Gym Style series. I have many of Cathe's other workouts, but from the hardcore series only Gym Style Series, Low Max, HC Extreme and Core Max. I read Cathe's March Rotation and she uses GS in building strength but not in fat loss. Right now I am doing one Gym Style a day plus 30-45 minutes of cardio 3 days a week and then 45-60 minutes of cardio on 3 other days. I have an eight month old son and work part-time and am having a real hard time finding the time to fit almost 2 hours of exercise on those gym series days. I thought that I would lose weight with this kind of schedule and trying to eat clean but the scale hasn't budged ( I'm 5'6 and 134lbs - 35 years old) I would love to go back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 120 lbs., but am getting very discouraged considering how hard I am working at it and not getting any results for the past two months. I would love to be able to work out for an hour a day using the workouts I have (above mentioned ones, Intensity series, S&H series, MIC, MIS, Power Hour, Step Blast, Step Works, Cardio Kicks, Push and Pull/Supersets, Terminator) and still lose some weight and tone up. I was thinking I made a mistake ordering the gym style series and should have gotten CTX and MM. I would appreciate any advice on what to do. I posted this on Cathe's site, but know that there are so many educated people who visit this site that I thought I might be able to get some help.

Thanks- Kim

Hi Kim,

Are you breastfeeding? How much baby weight have you already lost? These are very important points to consider. You are currently in a good weight range for your height. Your body has been through a lot of changes, you might need to take a good look at your situation (your hormones may still be in flux). There is also more to factor in than the scale read out. Have you put on more muscle lately? Has your body fat gone down? Is there a difference in the way your clothing fits at 134 vs 120. Diet is important, especially if you are breast feeding or working toward weight loss and will need to be tailored accordingly. Find the answers to these questions and evaluate your situation.

You can use the March rotation for fat loss that Cathe posted. You will have to use some of your other workouts but that is just fine. Right now it sounds like you are doing enough cardio. Can't tell if you are doing the three GS twice per week or once per week. Have you considered that you may be doing too much at this time? If you are, your body will go into overtraining mode. If you don't have 2 hours a day use a premix option or tweak your workout rotation. Sometimes you can get better results with less.

I know that I didn't answer your question directly but I hope that I've given you some things to think about.

jordan

Thanks Jordan for the reply-- I stopped breastfeeding 3 months ago-- and did notice I lost about 10 lbs. in a month after I stopped-- I have been using each GS one time per week in addition to the cardio. I hope I did not come across as obsessed about losing weight, because , believe me, after having to go through fertility meds to conceive my son, I know how very blessed I am to have my little angel-(And I know fertility meds mess with your hormones and metabolism) I guess I was just trying to see if there's a way I can incorporate the GS series without sacrificing mu cardio, since I do have some body fat (mainly belly and hips) that I want to lose. I was thinking I maybe should have bought MuscleMax instead and use my Pure Strength or S&H series for muscle building. I wish I could have all the DVD's but my pocketbook won't allow me. I heard MM was different than Power Hour and ME, but I don't know how. Anyway, thank you for your reply.

Take care- Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.