Water pills?

dallas68

Cathlete
Is there such a thing as an over the counter water pill? I have a wedding to attend Saturday and it's TTOM. My stomach is doing that five month pregnant thing and I need some kind of temporary help. My mother said she used to buy "water pills" Kinda sounds like a fantasy to me you know? Ha ha The bloating fairy just comes down and "BLING" bloating is gone. Oh well, if anyone's heard or tryed anything that works, DO TELL! Thanks Carolyn

Hi Carolyn. I have to say I'm not an advocate for diuretics unless it is TTOM. Midol has a diuretic in it and it helps with bloating. I'm also going through TTOM this week and I took Women's Tylenol yesterday and two days before my period to help with my bloating. I find that I don't have to take it every 4 to 6 hours. I also have Spanx Higher Power Shapewear around for special ocassions. If you find that after taking something you're still bloated buying a piece of shapewear that minimizes your waist like Spanx can be another option. I hope this helps.

Hi Rose, I'm not big into taking pills either, but was feeling desperate. As for the spanx idea, I had thought of that but the bottom half of my dress is white and somewhat see thru, so I am going to have to wear a slip. I was thinking by the time I get the nylons on then the slip do I really want another layer... I will feel like a stuffed sausage, I'm actually starting to laugh about all this now! I also have a slip in a spanx-like body hugging fabric and that thing is a joke. It's hard to walk in because its squeezing your legs together and when you do manage a few steps it rides up!! AHH the things we put ourselves thru!
Thanks
~Carolyn~

Be really careful if you take an over-the-counter water pill (if they even still exist). I used to take them years ago before special occasions, and they made my heart beat wildly. Kinda scary.

Shari

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.