walmart step

Audryb

Cathlete
Hi everyone. My mom watched me do Body Max 2 the other day and now she really wants to start doing Cathe's step workouts, but she is a total beginner. She used to run when she was much younger, but hasn't exercised at all in a long time.

We were at Wal-Mart last night, and they had the really small step that comes with a Cathe DVD, but it wasn't Basic Step and Body Fusion. I can't remember the name, even though I said it to myself 5 times at the store... something like Total Cardio Step, though I don't think that's quite it. We didn't buy it, because we weren't sure what level the workout would be, and money is an issue for her. buying the walmart set and ordering Basic Step and Body Fusion separately isn't an option.

Is anyone familiar with the DVD in the box, and is it appropriate for a 55 year old non-exerciser beginner? she's not overweight, just not in very good condition and has never tried any kind of choreographed workout.

Thanks so much.

Hello,im not completely sure but i believe the workout that comes with the smaller step at Walmart is low impact step/total body sculpting?

Your mother could always do the workout on the floor until shes use to the steps/builds up her endurance, then start with the step! Thats how i started:)

Amelia's right. That is the first step that I bought. I have to say that it was a good step to have when I had limited space to workout. The w/out is very basic but if she is new to stepping it might be a good place tostart.
LD
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL395/10721112/19111645/307955868.jpg[/IMG]

I got the Walmart one some time ago as my 1st. It was only like $25. It came with Basic Step (no CW) and there is a short ab routine as well. Very basic, but it is good to learn on. Was the best $25 I ever spent. Got me hooked and then we all know how it goes from there :D

Nan

That's the step I have. It came with Cathe's Basic Step video. I also got my mini-step there, and it came with one of her basic workout DVDs too. They've been great during pregnancy, but they are very basic. But for a beginner, they'd be perfect. I love the steps. I have no issues with the size.

see, I thought it would come with Basic Step, that's why it threw me a little when it was this other dvd (that I also can't find on Cathe's website, btw) But I think from what you guys are saying, whatever comes with it is going to be pretty basic. I think I'll recommend that she get it :D

thanks!

I always see used steps for sale. If money's an issue you could probably find a used club step for $20.

I bought that package a number of years ago and it came with Cross Train Express All Step.

That's the step I use still, limited space in wo room.

It would probably be great for someone starting out. The only thing is once she gets started she will want to upgrade to the bigger one. I got my full sized one at SAMS CLUB years ago for $25. I've always wondered why Walmart doesn't sell the big one.

I bought that package a couple years ago and I think mine has the same DVD. The cardio portions seem to be Basic Step, Body Fusion, and Low Impact Step. The weight training discs I believe are the ones that come with Body Fusion and Low Impact Step. Mine also had one of the stretching DVD's that was with her beginner set she published. I'm not totally sure as I don't have the DVD's as packaged by Cathe. These are specially produced for the Target Step and all the workouts are split onto 3 DVD's. All of the workouts include a section which is chaptered but there are no premixes. My package also included tubing, 3 lb weights, and I believe a swiss ball. I can't remember for sure as a lot of the equipment I already had and so I gave much of it away.

I think the package is designed for beginner step and weight workouts so I think it would be good for your Mom. When I got it I was coming off of a prolonged ankle injury and I have permanent damage so there's a lot of Cathe stuff I can't do and as this is good for me and my limitations I think it would be fine for a beginner.

Diana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.