Volleyball Shoes for Step?

peytonsmommy

Cathlete
I've been looking around for a pair of shoes for step as the ones i'm currently using are my old demoted running shoes that should have been tossed months ago. I am crazy about my Mizuno running shoes but they don't make cross trainers. They do however, make a volleyball shoe and I was wondering if that might work for step. I've never played volleyball so i'm not really sure what a volleyball shoe feels like, but from what I was reading on their website it sounds like they might be appropriate. Any volleyball players out there w/ an opinion? Thanks!

Karla

I have never ever heard of a volleyball shoe? How is it made specifically for volleyball?

Are there no other cross trainer brands you might like?

Debbie

I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her.
Ellen DeGeneres

I had never heard of them either until I was on the Mizuno website! From what i've read on the site it is that it's a light shoe w/ lots of cushioning that lets you move around fast and jump w/o killer impact, but didn't say much as far as volleyball specifics. I've tried on just about one of every shoe at Dick's and just haven't found anything I've loved yet so I was thinking maybe this was the answer. I'm like the way my Asics fit wasn't crazy about the cushioning but I just might end up going w/ another pair of those for now. Anything is better than the pair that is litterally falling apart I guess. :)

I had never heard of them either until I was on the Mizuno website! From what i've read on the site it is that it's a light shoe w/ lots of cushioning that lets you move around fast and jump w/o killer impact, but didn't say much as far as volleyball specifics. I've tried on just about one of every shoe at Dick's and just haven't found anything I've loved yet so I was thinking maybe this was the answer. I'm like the way my Asics fit wasn't crazy about the cushioning but I just might end up going w/ another pair of those for now. Anything is better than the pair that is litterally falling apart I guess. :)

Karla-

I played volleyball all thru high school and college, and then in Wallyball leagues (that's where you play volleyball inside a raquetball court and you can play off the walls....VERY cool). I've worn plenty of volleyball shoes. Speaking from this experience, VBall shoes are designed for all the jumping, twisting, turning, landing, and springing motions. Impact, motion control, stability. They are usually made of mostly leather for stability purposes.

I guess, you could try it. The motions and movements during a volleyball game are a lot like hi/lo aerobics, stepping, IMax workouts, etc. Honestly, I never thought of wearing my VBall shoes for aerobics....I may just have to try it.

Hope this helps some!

Gayle

Hi Karla,

I've actually been considering buying volleyball shoes as well. I played volleyball through high school and on leagues through college and always wore Mizuno. My softball shoes were also Mizuno.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that I found a website that is selling a couple different pair at closeout prices. The sizes are limited but I wanted to let you know just in case.

www.allvolleyball.com

I've been looking at so many different Mizuno shoes lately and was so confused about which pair to get, not to mention the prices were pretty high. The pair I ended up buying are the Mizuno Lightening 2, they're $90 shoes marked down to $19.99. For the price I figured they're worth a shot.

Good luck in you search :)

Chastity

http://www.picturetrail.com:80/chastgirl0205

Chastity & Gayle, thanks so much for your replies. I was actually looking at the Lightening 2's online. I'm off to check out that site! Thanks a bunch.

(Oh and wallyball sounds REALLY fun! :) )

Karla

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.