Vitamix 5200 or 7500

bigbadbrandini

Cathlete
Trying to decide between a 5200 and a 7500. I'm just wanting nut butters, salad dressings, soups and smoothies. Not looking to do dry grains or anything. Just wondering if the more powerful, more quiet motor on the 7500 is worth the extra money. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have the 5200. I've had it for awhile. Use it everyday, and it does everything. No complaints at all. If the extra money is just for a more quiet motor, go with the 5200. It's not running long enough to be a problem. I don't know what extra's you get with a 7500, and it may be worth the extra money. But, I do love my 5200.

Thanks for your reply Karen!

I'm in the midwest. My local Costco currently has the 5200 Getting Started set for $324.99 plus tax in the store (which is $25 off the normal price of $349.99), while a refurbished 5200 unit on Vitamix.com is $299.99. Plus, I have an executive membership at Costco so I will get 5% back of my purchase, which is another $15 of savings. I can't find anywhere else that I can get a new 5200 for $310.00 plus tax (without having to pay shipping too).

I would like to get new one since the refurbished unit warranty is 5 years and the new unit warranty is 7 years. Costco.com only has 2 options right now for Vitamix and each are the "super" package that include the dry blade containers. A 5200 super package set is $499.99 (includes dry container) and the 7500 super package set is $599.99 (includes dry container and 2 to-go cups). Each super "package" has cookbooks, DVD and tamper. I just don't see myself using the dry blade containers.

I think I have decided to save my money to shop at Whole Foods for my first Vitamix recipes and go with the 5200 at my local Costco store.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.