Visiting Atlanta

fitdeb

Cathlete
Hi -
Hoping for some advice.

I will be visiting Atlanta for 3 days in the end of October. I am going with my
husband and my aunt. She is 77 but very fit (teaches water aerobics 3xs a week and swims competively).

Looking for suggestions for a nice hotel in the heart of it all. She wants to go to the aquarium, the coke museum and aunt PittyPat's porch (?).

Also, any ideas for sightseeing that might be somewhat non-touristy would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Debbie Russo

I had a pleasant experience at the Artmore Hotel located in midtown Atlanta. It is close to Atlantic Station, the Aquarium and within walking distance of the High Museum of Art, which I highly recommend. If you are into the Civil War, Kennesaw Battlefield National Park has a free museum and you can ride the bus up to the top of Kennesaw Mountain for a panoramic view of Atlanta. If you do make it to Kennesaw drop by and see The General (it’s a train). It is a great little museum but it’s not free. Of course there is Stone Mountain, Piedmont Park and the Botanical Gardens. Since you are going to the Aquarium walk around Olympic Park and you could do a CNN tour. STAY AWAY FROM THE ATLANTA UNDERGROUND! Enough said there. For shopping try Lenox Mall.

Buckhead is a nice place to stay. There is a Marriott hotel within walking distance to Marta (the ATL subway system) that you could take to the places you want to visit so you wouldn't have to drive. Hope y'all have fun!

I recommend Loews Atlanta Hotel. It's in Midtown and has easy access to the High Museum, GA Aquarium, etc. It's a great hotel. I've stayed at Loews in different places (Santa Monica, CA) and they are all very nice.

Have fun! I live about 45 minutes north of Atlanta and drive into town frequently. Lots to do!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.