vacuum recommendations

mabdoo

Cathlete
our canister vacuum is incredibly loud and doesn'y work really well anymore. any suggestions for canister vacs? Thanks.

I would love to know this too. It is time for an upgrade. The hotel my husband works for uses an Orek. Must be good? If anyone has a air purifier reccomendation too I'd love to hear that too.

The Oreck Iron Man. After wasting hundreds, possibly thousands on crappy vacuums, we finally caved and bought the Oreck with Hepa. They threw in the Iron Man as part of the deal. I would never go back. It was expensive but has been the best darn vacuum I've ever used. It's only about 9lbs so it's easy to use on stairs and it comes with a 21 year warranty and free maintenance for life.

Pam

I recently purchased a Dyson and OMG I love it! Best vacuum ever! I have a golden retriever. No other vacuum I have had could battle this dog's hair. My Dyson Animal Vac does an AMAZING job! Pricey but worth every penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

I bought a Dyson Stowaway Canister Vac for my wood floors and I love it. Its pricey but worth it - and they do go on sale. Its bagless and it has a lifetime HEPA filter for the exhaust so that its free of allergens. It has a rug attachment with a motorized brushbar. Can't say that its quiet, but its not too loud.

Consumer Reports reviews vacumn cleaners every so often. Price and quality are fairly unrelated in vacumns, so finding their most recent review would be a good place to start. I bought their top rated Sears Kenmore Progressive. Mid-range price and it works great. Consumer Reports doesn't recommend bagless vacumns as they don't filter dust as well.

I recently purchased a Dyson and OMG I love it! Best vacuum ever! I have a golden retriever. No other vacuum I have had could battle this dog's hair. My Dyson Animal Vac does an AMAZING job! Pricey but worth every penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

I agree. My Dyson Animal is the BEST vacuum I ever owned. If it broke tomorrow I would go out and buy another. I have a yellow lab and it sucks that hair right up! In fact, it works so well you will be disgusted at all the "stuff" you see in the canister.

Another vote for Dyson! I will never buy another brand. I have a DC25 Animal and it's awesome. I bought that after DH took my DC18 Slim to his office to use. If you have a Bed Bath & Beyond store near you, they always send out 20% off coupons that you can use for one item. That's how my nephew and his new wife bought theirs. I just wish they would have clued me in before I paid full price for mine!
Paula

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.