Urban Rebounder Advice Needed...

caseysmomgo

Cathlete
I've had some knee issues lately after pounding myself senseless with high impact cardio. So I've been taking it easy and doing "Walk It Out" Wii and other things easier on my body. I got to thinking that I needed an Urban Rebounder, which would take some stress off my joints even while walking (my workout area is carpet over concrete, and puzzle mats just didn't work - kept sliding...), and maybe I could do some other modifications to Insanity, Shock Cardio, etc...while on the rebounder.

Anyways,....money's been a little tight also, so I was tickled pink when I found an Urban Rebounder on Craigslist for $45. It was only a few miles from my house and I was sooooo psyched! I got it yesterday. Box was open and the rebounder was folded up, and appeared to be in good shape. I didn't unfold it all the way while there. Got it home and the frame was broken :mad: at one of the joints where it unfolds/folds up. I called the woman back and she said she'd bought it "open box", whatever that means, and luckily she gave me my money back. Now I'm rebounder-less again....

I was thinking...an acquaintence of ours knows how to weld stuff... do you think I should get back with the woman and buy it again for like $25 and have our friend try to fix it? Would you feel comfortable rebounding on something that's been repaired? Should I keep looking? Do I even need one? :eek: If you have one, do you use it/like it?

Sorry so long and rambling... I'm just feeling sad and confused...Thanks for listening!

Hi Denise,

Have you checked around at garage sales? I got a mini-trampoline for $4 at a garage sale a couple of years ago. You may want to give that a go. I'm glad the woman gave you your money back. That would be very frustrated!

Good luck!!

Pam

Hi Denise,

We had a rebounder when I was a kid and it was a lot of fun. I don't see being able to adjust Shock Cardio or Insanity to it though. However, I think it would be a great addition to your low impact cardio options. I wouldn't bother with the broken rebounder, that seems like more trouble than its worth. 'open box' means that it was the floor model and basically the unit was 'as is'.

I love my rebounder, I pair my urban rebounding workouts with another workout though, since they aren't huge calorie burners but I definitely feel them working my legs. I wouldn't feel safe on a rebounder that had a broken frame and had been "fixed"...that's just me. You can get the urban rebounder with 10 DVDS, resistance bands and the stabilization bar for only $99.95 at HSN. The best thing about HSN is that you can choose to pay for it in 2 or 3 monthly charges to your CC instead of all at once if the $99.95 is out of your range at the moment. Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://www.hsn.com/infomercial/urba...prev=hp|sf!cat&ccm=HF|hf0010|hf0083]rebounder

It did much of Insanity (the jumping moves) on the rebounder and had no problem. It was a excellent way for me to do Insanity without the impact on my joints. I have also done many sections of shock cardio (especially HIIT) on my Urban Rebounder without problems.

I use my rebounder often and I love it. I have checked my calorie burn when I did Insanity on the rebounder and on the floor and my calorie expenditure was just about identical. With Insanity MIP I burned more calories on the rebounder.

I think that I would keep looking for a rebounder and would not try to repair one. I purchased mine from HSN and have not had any problems with it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, everyone! I'm definitely going to keep looking for one. Janet, thanks for the HSN link. I'm thinking I'm either going to do HSN or Amazon. Our local Dick's Sporting Goods said they will match Amazon's price if I bring in the Amazon order page showing free shipping, so I might check that out as well.

Regina, thank you for re-affirming what I was thinking...that I could do some Insanity moves (like the Heismans,etc) and some Shock Cardio moves on the rebounder. My joints definitely are wanting me to get one!!

Linda, I didn't know Nordic Track made a rebounder! Something I'll really need to check out.

You guys are the greatest! Thanks again,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.