Update for me...

lindzebird

Cathlete
Just a quick update for those interested... I've just been released by the doctors in Philadelphia to return home. So far everything with the procedure went well. Our healthy baby is continuing to thrive and I don't have any symptoms of preterm labor. Medicaid still refuses to pay, but the Doctors in Philadelphia and hospital will probably write off most of the expense. We are still going to have a state fair hearing with medicaid...mostly because of the principle of the whole thing...but I don't know if they will do anything. They refuse to pay since my life wasn't in danger...but aren't even considering the fact that my unborn child was in grave danger. In fact, it was really a miracle that we were able to come out and have the procedure preformed when we did...while I was on the operating table our unhealthy baby began having an irregular heart rhythm and they said she could have passed away any time causing our healthy baby to pass away as well. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts during this time.

Lindzebird

Glad you are doing better. I guess you are still in Philidelphia so I hope your trip home is an stressfree one. Take it easy while you recoop. I am sure it's very hard on a pregnant body to handle a major surgery. Let us know how you are. :) , and I hope Medicaid pulls through for you!

I'm really glad to hear your surgery went well. I hope your hearing goes well with Medicaid too. What is wrong with them? Don't they realize how important new life is! Hopefully they will change their mind once you plead your case again. It just goes to show that there are good people out there who go above and beyond like the doctors in Philadelphia and the hospital. Best of luck to you and your little one!

I am happy and relieved to hear you and baby are ok! I am soooo deeply sorry for all that you and your family are going through at this time. Please take care! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers!

Autumn

Lindzebird
It's so good to hear everything went well and your little one is thriving. Hope the Medicaid issue gets resolved quickly.

Diana
Nora born 8/23/04

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.