Unexpected Surprise for me!

JACLYN H

Well, there I was anxiously awaiting the new STS system to get to an all time higher fitness level when.....I realize my period is a week late, did an EPT and SURPRISE its positive!! I'm of course thrilled but very nervous, because before my twins were born 4 yrs ago (whom I needed help conceiving using fertility meds) I had a history of miscarriages and hormone issues. I pretty much gave up on having more children thinking I couldn't or it would never happen "naturally". Now, needless to say, I'm living moment to moment afraid of something bad happening. My Dr. appt isn't until July 15th. I sort of layed off working out, so I can't blame myself if anything happens. I've been having intermittant headache, very mild cramping, and incredible lower back pain. Then there are other times I feel totally fine and would like to work out..but I don't. I'm figuring I'm about 5 wks pg. Thank Goodness no spotting. Anyone else ever have the back pain issue so early on? Any words of encouragement would help!

Congratulations!!! Just wanted to send you best wishes and warm thoughts that all goes well for you!

My husband and I are currently trying ttc after having a miscarriage last year. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will have the same good news.

Congratulations, Jaclyn!! I remember being very achy with this pregnancy at first (I'm 24 weeks), so it's probably just hormonal changes. I know that July 15 can't get here soon enough for you! I hope everything goes well!! :)

First Congrats!!

Second I have had the crampy, back pain icky af like feeling every pregnancy I've had so I think it's normal. I'll pray that this one is a sticky baby. Is there any way you can at least go for bloodwork to confirm you hcg is rising.. that could ease your mind till your appt. on July 15th.

Just popping in to say hi. I'll be back after our walk to do personals. it's been chatty today. Thought I could pop in now to catch up, but w/ 3 pages I can't! lol

Congrats Jaclyn! I can't believe how many preggos there are here right now!

I had the low back ache. I had so many period-like symptoms with my 1st pg that I was sure it was my period starting and not the fact that I was pregnant.

I hope this is a happy, healthy pregnancy for you!
Join in on the check-in!

Congrats! My first check up is July 18th, so I'll be looking forward to comparing notes with you. :)

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Thank you so much everyone for your positive responses. I'm hoping if all is well in a few weeks I'll be more comfortable to join the check ins. I went through so many heartaches in the past that I don't want to jinx anything!!! I've been feeling pretty good the last 2 days...toyed with the idea of working out..but I'm too afraid......I know I'm probably being silly and eventually will cave in! Especially that I'm only 5 and a 1/2 weeks and feel like a COW!! LOL.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.