Ulcerative Colitis

acarolinagurl

Cathlete
Does anyone here have UC? If so, what foods do you eat that work for you during a flare up. I'm taking Lialda 1.2 GM daily. I am currently having a flare and the only thing I can think of that has caused this one is from an antibiotic I had to take for a bacterial infection. It's seems to be getting better. I had just started working out again and have been doing Cathe workouts such as Imax 2, Body Max, Cardio Step and Weights, Lowmax, and some others, none that were under an hour. I was doing these in their entirety no cheating. I had cut out a lot of sugar in my diet, tried eating salads with chicken but because of the UC I couldn't handle eating the raw veggies. So, I cut those out of my diet along with diet sodas and started drinking water. I've done this for two weeks and I've gained 4 lbs. Does this maybe have something to do with the flare, maybe I'm retaining water although with this condition I don't how that could be. Any suggestions from someone that has this disease, as I really want to get fit again, and I don't want to continue to gain weight and I feel limited as to what I can eat or should eat during this time. I'm also getting frustrated. I'm calling my doctor tomorrow to ask about getting a nutritionist to along with my excersise routine. I just don't understand gaining weight when I've cleaned up my eating and upped my workouts in intensity and time wise. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

No grains whatsoever, that means no wheat, no rye, no sprouted grains, no rice. That means no pasta, no bread, no cake no cookies.Potatos are also very nasty.

I also cannot ingest any type of dairy, no cheese, no milk, no yogurt, no sour cream.

No coffee, no sugar, no soft drinks ever...

I have been eating this way for over 12 years and I haven't had an episode since before my last son was born.

I can eat meat, veggies, fruit and nuts. At first very restrictive, now second nature.

If you are started to retain nutrients, you might be starting to put on muscle. After one episode, I lost 15 lbs too quickly and when it supsided, I put on 5 lbs in one day from my muscles getting their glycogen stores back. I wouldn't go by the scale, I would go by skin pinching/fat testing instead.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.