UGH!!! I had the FLU and it was NOT fun!!

FirmNurse

Cathlete
I was having a GREAT week last week, working out and keeping with my schedule. Then one evening, out of the blue, within 5 minutes I was sick as a dog. Stomach pains and nausea, body aches, it came out of nowhere.

Well, this was last Thursday. I made it through work on Friday (barely) and tried to workout that evening, but uh-uh, it didn't work.

So, last night was my first night back. I missed 5 days of working out! I have not missed that many days in a row in MONTHS!!!

Now my daughter has it and there are MANY MANY patients in the ER and on the med/surg floor with the flu. (no, I didn't spread to everyone!)

I was panicked that after 5 days of not working out that I would be SO weak but I think that I have recovered and didn't lose too much strength.

Has anyone else had this recently? It is a weird flu. Felt like a stomach ulcer and when I just LOOKED at food, my stomach would REALLY hurt.

Plus, it has brought back my labrynthitis (like Meniere's disease) which makes me SO dizzy. So, I cannot do any ab work because the position of lying on my back and looking up makes my room spin and I get motion sick. Hopefully, this will get better soon.

Just wanted to share...misery loves company.....:(

Hope you're feeling better! There were some people sick with summer colds last week where I work, but no flu. Don't worry about missing some workout days. There are times when your body needs to rest, and I know you know this since you're a nurse too :) but this is one of them! Take care of yourself and I'm sure you'll come back just as strong when your body is ready!!

Carol
:)

Hi Jackie,

I'm sorry to hear you've been so sick! I agree with Carole about not being hard on yourself for missing a few workouts. Take your time to get well!

Gina

I am so sorry to hear that you have been ill, Jackie! Take all the time you need to rest before you begin working out again. I know how hard it is to have to miss workouts. Take care!

:)

Oh dear, glad that is over! Is your daughter OK? Getting sick is the pits! I am wishing you and yur daughter well!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.