UGH! I am hating self tanners........

Laura,

Here's a couple of tips:
1. You MUST exfoliate your body first. Use any sort of scrub that is not oily. If you can get a Clarisonic Plus to use with a body scrub it will be great. The exfoliation will greatly reduce dark spots.

2. After you apply your tanner (I prefer Kate Somerville's towelettes), you can rinse your palms, then use a small amount of hand lotion mainly on your palms and fingers to blend in and prevent dark palms. I also do this on my feet and toes.

3. For your back, if you're using towelettes you can reach one hand from the bottom and the other from the top and do that "chamois" sort of thing. Otherwise, I've used my back scrubber which is about 18 to 24 inches in length I think (purchased at CVS). It has a hole in one end to hang it up. Put the towelette through the hole and reach with that -- works okay.

But if anyone can help with the appearance when it fades, I'd love to know what you do, other than trying to exfoliate and start over.

Yeah I'm doing all that. With the towels I actually wrapped them around BBQ tongs & got the mid back that way. Can't figure out how to do it with lotion though, at least on my own.

OK I'm gonna stick w/the Jergens & maybe try the mousse.

<sigh> I so wish I could get a real tan from the sun! :confused:

More power to you, but I'm not going there.
I'm very pale. I always get the very lightest shade of foundation that they make. When I start thinking I need to look tan, I just google some pics of Nicole Kidman, see how gorgeous & pale she is, and then I'm OK.
(The Nicole Kidman card has worked well with my 16 y.o. DD, too, who is also a strawberry blonde. She has never sunbathed and hopefully will not have the sun damage that I am now getting expensive laser treatments for in my quest to still be somewhat hot at age 48!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.