Two Foods You Should Never, Ever Eat After Exercising (Article)

Am I the only one that thinks his before and after pictures look the same??? It looks like he put on fake tanner, flexed his abs and changed his shorts, lol.

Bam

Do you do Peak 8 workouts? I searched the site but couldn't find an example of what this is. From the article it looks similar to HIIT, but it almost sounds like a weight training routine. I was kind of confused by the article - in one area it sounds like the advice to avoid sugar is for aerobic exercise and then Dr. Mercola later explains that this is just for Peak 8 workout:

Quote from the article:
"A recent study in the Journal of Applied Physiology found that eating a low-carbohydrate meal after aerobic exercise enhances your insulin sensitivity. This is highly beneficial, since impaired insulin sensitivity, or insulin resistance, is the underlying cause of type 2 diabetes and a significant risk factor for other chronic diseases, such as heart disease."

Comment from Dr. Mercola in the "comments" section:
"The recommendation to avoid sugar after a workout is primarily related to Peak 8 high intensity workouts. If you are not doing these then you are not increasing growth hormone. Remember ONLY Peak 8 type exercises increase growth hormone. If you are doing any other type of exercises then restricting sugars is not as important." ~Dr. Mercola

I also found the article was a bit disorganized for me. First they discuss foods to avoid, then veer off into eccetric resistance training (something rather difficult for a home exerciser), then off to how exercise effects the brain...

However, this article did spark my interest in HGH and its role in my exercise program. Off to do some research!:)

Thanks for the link
Corrie

??? I thought thats when your insulin receptors were at their best and you could refuel your glycogen stores. . . .

great

now I'm confused

seriously

Oh, I'm sorry. I certainly didn't want to provide an article that was confusing. I had only read a little bit before I posted it here. His articles are usually quite good so I felt confident in passing it along before reading it in its entirety. I still haven't had a chance to read all of it yet but I will later on.

Corrie, I do not do Peak 8 workouts but I was interested in finding out more about it but from what you said, you can't find a description of it. I will do a search for it when I have a moment but I'm glad that it did provide an interest for you in HGH.

Bam

Am I the only one that thinks his before and after pictures look the same??? It looks like he put on fake tanner, flexed his abs and changed his shorts, lol.

Actually if you look at the shape of his head in the side view and his face in the front view...it looks like a totally different person in the 2 pics! :eek:

I agree!
Looks to me like he also removed some chest hair, and in that first pair of photos, he's definitely pooching out his stomach in the 'before".

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.