TTC/expecting checkin for week of Nov3rd

I guess I'm starting? where is everyone? oh I just saw the TTC thread about seperating. I dunno. I hope to still see ya'll. Like Jen said I hope this checkin doesn't die with everyone seperating. sigh :( If you all are for sure going to seperate let me know so I'll just start a preg checkin I guess and hope others show up.

I had yet another bad headache Saturday. I'm ok today. We'll see how I am tonight. I may have to start with a Turbo jam to get back into the swing of things. I ate SO bad yesterday. After church a lady wanted to take us out to lunch at Red Lobster and paid for us and another couple. wow! anyway. it was soo good but so bad. lol. We got to try the lobster dip first then I ate shrimp linguini and ate the yummy buttered garlic biscuits. I'm afraid to weigh myself today. I'm going to eat super healthy today to make up for it. lol.

I'm going crazy right now. I wish I could feel the baby move so I know everything is ok. I have an appt the 25th and I'm going to go crazy waiting. I told DH I want to get a doppler on ebay and he said ok.. but he wanted to see if he can borrow one from work first or something. I feel like at 15 wks tomorrow I should feel safe but I have heard some stories that are scaring me. ugh. Esp now that we got the crib/mattress etc. Some people say the baby can die and you have no signs for weeks till they find no H/B at the next appt. so I guess I'm a bit nervous now. I don't know if we'd try again if we lost this one.
Then I look in the mirror though and I'm for sure showing this time. I really need to get on taking a pic before I get huge. I was going to do one of those video clips if I can figure it out with the belly growing. But I haven't even taken ONE pic yet. lazy thats all. ha. well I have to set up the tripod etc.

Last edited:
Hi Jess! I posted in the other forum about the branch off because i wasnt sure how many pregnant ladies were left! Haha. So i'll post here too.

Try not to worry too much. I didnt show until late - almost 20 weeks and then it was overnite. I didnt feel movement until about Oct 4. Past the standard 18-20 week mark. So dont worry too much about that either. I know what you mean about freaking out tho and wondering if everything is ok. I always love seeing my little bean sprout on the ultrasound, but i always have a little fear at first that something is wrong or it looks funny. SO i always ask the tech if everything looks ok and she puts my mind at ease.

I think my baby has a schedule. I usually feel her the most around 6am and 11pm haha. And sometimes in the afternoon. Whats really weird is that she will be quiet and still (to me) and then when my husband touches my belly or talks to my belly, she moves! I told him she is a daddys little girl already :)

Jess~ I bet you'll start to feel some movement soon. I felt it this time (#4) about 17-18 weeks I think it was. Before my u/s. If it makes you feel better I'd see if I could move my appt. up or at least stop in to hvae them check w/ the doppler.

Jen~ that is sweet about DH! my girl would go nutso about 9 every night. Just start moving and it would go on for an hour or 2. I never could get to sleep because she'd start moving. I actually miss those times now that I am not preg.

Hi all… I hope I didn’t kill this thread by coming out of lurk-dom…..

Jess… I am glad that your headache when away for today. Red Lobster sounds really good. It was nice of that lady that took you there. I’ve noticed that since being pregnant, people have been really nice to me. Or maybe I’ve changed… not noticing when people aren’t so nice. I know what you’re saying when you talk about worrying. I don’t remember feeling my baby move until about 17 weeks. I think it is because my uterus is tilted to the back.

I didn’t get much exercising in today. DH and I normally take brakes during the work day and walk about 1600 yards about the office building. We do that once before lunch and once or twice after lunch. I am finding out that if I don’t do something during the day, I have bad dreams at night.

Well… good night,

Skyy

Jess, I'm sending calm & peaceful thought your way!!!

I don't know what to say, as to I myself had a strange & exhaustive pregnancy that ended in m/c. I felt very pregnanct, even gained 15 lbs---was nauseus and tired the whole time....then BANG....my whole life has changed at what was suppose to be week 14-16 in my pregnancy ended with a loss that will forever be with me.

With this said, what happened to me was very very odd statistically ---you are way past the "tough" spot.

When is your next u/s? I think you'll feel better than. :)

Melanie -I've called to schedule my U/S like 10 times but the time frame hasn't opened up yet in the scheduling. My next appt is the 25th. I'm starting to feel better now. I'm starting to wonder if its my prenatal vitamins that are making me sick? I decided to stop them for a week and I started feeling better (was taking the kids chewables). Then I took my prenatals one evening and BAM the next day massive migrane? I'm thinking of ordering a different brand online. I just ordered a doppler on ebay. It is coming priority mail, going out tomorrow. I will be waiting by the mailbox! lol. I know I'm passed the hump.. but on the forum I'm on for the April expecting club there have been a few losses so I know it happens. Can't help but be nervous. I'm sorry again for your loss. I hope the next one that will not happen. And I hope you are expecting soon!

Skyy -yes she is so sweet! we are going to totally have to treat her to lunch a few times. I was shocked she wanted to pay but she actually had it planned for about a month and wouldn't budge on it so we let her.
Even though I'm feeling better I have to kick myself out my "rutt" in working out. I'm just out of the habit and my routine has changed. I just need to get a few days of working out again and I'll be back as long as I continue to feel better.

Its so weird but I'm having a tiny bit of a problem with that nerve pain in my lower back all the sudden? Isn't it WAY to early for that? gosh if its bothering me now I don't even want to think about 8-9 months. ugh.

Trish -My drs office I can't just "stop by" for anything so I doubt I could get a quick check up to see if alls well. I just have to wait till the doppler shows up I bought. :)
I definetly look preggo. I can't believe how much my belly is sticking out now so early. yikes! lol.

Jen-I thought I felt something a few weeks ago but that is VERY rare and sporadic so I'm guessing it must've been something else. I haven't been feeling much at all lately. I can for sure feel the uterus in my belly pretty easily.

hi everyone, happy tuesday!
i was busy at work so im just now getting around to the checkin at 9pm!
This pregnancy check in kind of died off huh? The post partnum and TTC ones are much more active. I wish we could just be in one check in, like the old days. Now i find myself popping in to read other threads too haha.

ANyway, after work today i did Jari Love's Get Ripped 1000. Felt good.
Its been a stressful week and working out is a great way to blow off steam.

Nothing new to report here, tired so im keeping this short

Hi all!

Hi everyone,

I don't have much to write except that I'm sending you all warm vibes. I haven't had an u/s in over a week. The Germans had me coming every week, which was wonderful!!! I love their system. I have another u/s scheduled for Monday 10 November. The results from the

I just got the results from the blood work that was taken last week.
Bottom line up front: There is an EXTREMELY low risk that there is anything chromosomally wrong with the baby. Amniocentesis is NOT recommended.

They did three tests:
1. Trisomy 21 (Down's Syndrome): Risk 1 in 932. This means that one in 932 births for a mother my age would have a child with down's.

2. Trisomy 13: 1 in less than 40,000

3. Trisomy 18: 1 in less than 40,000

I'm very pleased with this as I m/c last year at 12 weeks. I lost a lot of weight after that due to stress and grief. I'm worried that I'm still not really showing and I'm in my "skinny" jeans. I'm not rushing it though as this is my first and I understand that it might take some time. I thought I actually felt something inside, but I know it's way too early. I love the Germans since I get to have an u/s almost every week. Plus, it's vaginal and seems to be more detailed. Not real sure about that though since vaginal is the only one I've had.

I'm off to a 5-day professional conference today so I won't be posting much.

Laura

Laura - isnt it a nice relief to hear that everything is just fine!
Sometimes i get nervous when the ultrasound is going on and i ALWAYS ask them if everything looks normal and ok. You just cant help it. You want the best for your little bean sprout.

Jess - i forget how far along you are. I did feel a flutter a couple weeks before i really felt movement. I dont know if it was baby or a food baby lol. I had eaten some cole slaw type salad (with cabbage) so i told myself it was probably gas. But it kind of feels like what i'm feeling now.

My baby is very active today and also last nite.

Will i ever get a name for her??? this is so hard :(

Hi Melanie!

Well, its wednesday, so that means just today and tomorrow and i am off. Yay. I always look forward to my three day weekend. MY husband went back to work mon/tues and he says he feels ok. of course i still worry for him. He is off today and should be off thursday but picked up some overtime hours. And he will work fri/sat/sun when i am off, so i wont see much of him :( I am by myself a lot. Luckily i have my little mini doggie to keep me company. She is so cute and such a cuddle bug, i cant help but smile pretty much every time i look at her!

I hope you all have a great day!

Morning ladies.
Laura-So glad to hear all seems to be well with your little one. wow I'd love to get so much attention! I have to wait till early Dec or maybe around Thanksgiving to get my first and probably only U/S. Even though I haven't worked out since September I haven't gained any weight. I still fit in my clothes but they are a bit uncomfortable cause my belly is sticking out some. It's weird cause I haven't been eating all that clean either. Usually I'd gain weight not working out and eating whatever. ? Well I'm not complaining ha. I'm afriad it just means I'm loosing muscle though. eek. I've already started wearing my maternity jeans cause they are so comfortable.

Jen -I'm 15 weeks right now. due April 28th. Your doggie sounds so cute! I wish DH wasn't such a germaphobe and would let me get another pet.

Well I hope the Preg checkin doesn't die. Lets all keep it going huh?

yes lets try to keep it going! Too bad we all cant post under one check in like before. Ah well, eventually the pregger ladies will end up in the post partum check in!

15 weeks...ok i will try to remember. i'm sure you've told me a million times already. I'm due Feb 18th. Dont worry, you will feel movement soon. They say 18-20 weeks, but i actually felt movement around 22 weeks. I was all freaking out that i wasnt feeling anything. Now its often. I even see my stomach pulse. sooo weird....
so dont worry. And i think the fitter you are, the longer it takes to feel that and to show. I didnt show for a while, then all of a sudden i had a small belly overnite, and now its growing a little more each day. I finalyl switched to maternity pants and im much more comfy. I feel so fat tho.

I've gained almost 20 pounds :( Im devastated. I really hope its ALL belly. But probably its not. i'm eating more and not as clean. Or mayb ei'm paranoid. I didnt gain a pound the first three months. Then i gained 6 pounds the next, and 7 last month and who knows what they will say at my next check up next week. Im always so scared to step on that dreaded scale. the doctor scale seems to make me heavier than the one at home lol

Jen -I'm always 5 lbs heavier at the drs office. I think its just due to more clothing and having ate bfast, lunch and drinking all day. I usually weigh in the morning when I wake up.

I really HAVE to start working out. I feel super lazy and frumpy even though I haven't been gaining yet. I know that'll happen soon enough. I usually gain more than necessary even when working out etc.

Happy Thursday to all. I posted once before a question but I'd like to join in on check in's when I can sometimes with work and life it can get a little nuts.

My background - I am 31, 10 weeks along - EDD June 2nd. I had a miscarriage last year and this will be the first child for me and my DH. I read "Taking Charge of your Fertility" and used charting which after the 4 months - 3rd complete month of charting we conceived. It is a great book!

I have my second Doctors appt tomorrow and I am hoping we will get to hear a heartbeat. When can you expect your first ultrasound - I read maybe between 12-16 weeks?

I have experienced terrible "all day sickness" from week 6 through week 9 - still some bad bouts this week but more to a queasy then constant nauseous. I too am terribly fatigued!!! I am looking forward to it letting up so I can get working out again. My working out the last number of weeks has been pathetic to say the least. I went from intense programs 6 days a week to pretty much a day or two and after it I feel like I have done a triathlon!! But I am hopeful that I will be back to regular workouts very soon.

I pre-ordered STS in Jan 2009 - so I guess I will be doing that to get back in shape next summer!!

HI Christine, and welcome! Congrats on your pregnancy
I am 28, and currently at 25 weeks along. This is my first child.

For me, my first appointment had to be made between 8-12 weeks. I think i got it around 8 weeks. They did a vaginal ultrasound. Then the next month they started with the belly. I think that is when i heard the heartbeat. I get an ultrasound every month, and its truly amazing to watch your little bean sprout grow. THe baby looks so alien at first, then it finally starts to look like a human baby. It is such a miracle. I always look forward to my ultrasounds.

About working out, I still maintain my intensity, but my work schedule and commitments make it tough to work out regularly. i was doing 5-6 days a week before with high intensity etc. But now its more like 4-5 days a week. Sometimes only 3. I do what i can. I have been blessed with a great pregnancy - no sickness at all. Fatigue in the beginning and a yucky tummy but i never barfed, thank goodness.

Just do what you can for workouts - you need to be safe for you AND The baby. We have more people to think about now than just us. If you arent feeling up to it, rest. There is always tomorrow. Or next month. You need to take care of yourself and the baby now so try not to stress. Even Cathe has suggested you maintain, and do NOT try to improve your fitness level at this time. Your body is more susceptible to injuries when pregnant and as you grow a belly your balane is affected. I didnt show until about five months along, so i didnt feel the balance issue until only recently. So just take it easy, be smart abotu working out and do what you can :)

Oh, i oredered STS too, before i learned I was pregnant. Im looking at it as a GREAT get your body back after baby type workout :)

Jen thanks so much for the welcome and info!

I know that I must keep in mind my body is busy and I just need to give it what it needs now!!

Last year with my pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage they did a vaginal ultrasound where we discovered things we not progressing along. But this time I have not been scheduled for one but I can ask more questions tomorrow about when the first ultrasound would happen - I am guessing my next appt in 4 weeks?? Tomorrow I am hoping to hear a heartbeat with the Doppler - my DH which is comforting. We have been very excited and pray that everything will be okay this time - I am anxious to see that everything is okay.

In a post I did I had asked for people's thoughts on the nucheal tran. screening - I have decided due to my age and family history not to have this optional screen.

It is great to have a place where you can "talk" to people and share experiences.

HI Everyone,

Welcome Christine. Not much going on here. I didn't exercise yesterday or today. I stayed up late on the 4th and paid for it on the 5th and today. Both days I needed to take a nap after work.

Christine.. I am 39yrs and my dr wanted me to get some test, but I opted out. Then I had an ultrasound @ about 20 weeks and found out it was a level II and I started really stressing out. The MFM dr. told me that there there no markers.

how is everyone doing? I hope everyone has a nice weekend planned. I am puttin up my Christmas tree this weekend... actually I've already put it up, I will just finish putting everything on it.

good night all,

Skyy

Hello everyone. I'm STILL having headaches. I'm trying to be optomistic but as soon as I think I feel better for a day or so they come back. I am getting wiped out. I can't even think about exercise now cause I'm focusing on survival at this point. lol. It feels like it anyway.

Christine -welcome to the checkin! I hope your appt goes well. I wont get an ultrasound till 18-20 weeks and that will likely be my only one. :( well atleast I get one! I'm 15 wks now. I am desperate to find out the sex. I keep wanting to know so I can start buying pink or blue goodies. lol. I'm not going to get the tests done. I'm 29. I got STS also so I'm guessing I'll have to save it. I hope I have the time for long workouts after baby. I'm thinking for the first 4-5 months I may have time to swing only 30 min w/o's. But we'll see.

Skyy -your already putting up a tree? wow. I usually don't even think about it till atleast around Thanksgiving. Well it isn't even cold here it feels like summer out in TX. the kids are running around out front in shorts all evening with neighbor kids on the still green grass. ha.

morning all. I just wanted to post that Old Navy Maternity is having a sale on outerwear. Up to 50% off. I got the frost free coat in the coffee color for half price! $30 instead of $60. I was worried about a coat. There is no room for a belly in my regular jacket/coats. I have a serious addiction to brown right now for some reason too. lol.
http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/category.do?cid=43485#

Jess… Yea, I put up the tree early this year. I wanted to somehow “extend” Christmas. My DH thinks that it is the hormones. Thanks for the link… now I have to go do some shopping.

Today was another stress-free day. The best part of the day was leaving work. I have a long weekend, so I am very happy.

I hope everyone is okay and have a good night.

Skyy

May I join?

Good Morning Ladies,

I have been lurking on the boards, and was wondering if I can join your check in? My name is Shannon I am 35 and currently pregnant with my second child. I had my son Nicholas 10/22/07. We found out in July that we were pregnant again but that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage on 7/19/08. After the miscarriage I never got my period and on August 22 took a pregnancy test and it came out positive. Our baby is due 04/29/08 we are excited and cannot wait for Nicholas to have a sibling.

Due to my age the doctor wants me to have several different test done, did any of you ladies 35 or older have these done, and if you didn't did everything turn out okay? My doctor has me so scared that because I am 35 I am going to have all these problems. Why do they think the minute you turn 35 your eggs go bad? I just turned 35 in June.

Sorry for the rambling,
Shannon

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.