Troy bar bell question

julieb

Cathlete
Hi everyone: I was trying to figure out which bar bell system Cathe and crew are using in the Intensity and Body Blast videos. I know that the web site notes that they are using a 4' Troy bar with various metal plates, but I am having trouble finding that on the Troy web site. Would someone who has the system be able to give me some pointers? Thanks, and happy holidays to everyone!! I know that Leaner Legs and the first IMAX videos are under the tree for me, but I don't see anything resembling a barbell. Maybe for my birthday....

Julie

;) :)

I think the barbell system they use in IS and BB is one that is available in some local stores (Walmart?), but it is NOT the Troy lite system. They use the Troy barbells in PH and CTX (I believe). The Troy lite system is great because it has rubber coated plates (a distinct advantage over all-metal plates, as the later can rust, as mine have done).

Hi Julie,

I got my Troy Lite system from http://www.fitness1st.com/bars-weight-systems.html

Here's the description:

The Troy Lite Workout System features the black oxide painted "lite" bar which has a maximum capacity of 80 lbs. yet weighs only 5 lbs. The short length bar makes it ideal for use in group exercises.

The compact Troy rubber enclosed weights help prevent damage to the floor and equipment and take up little space. The spring collars safely hold the rubber plates on the bar but allow for quick changing of the plates.

Aerobic “Lite “ Set consists of (1) lite bar, (2) spring collars, (4) 2.5 lb. plates, (2) 5 lb. plates, and (2) 7.5 lb. plates.

1 Set..............$49.95 Order                              
Set of 10 Lite Sets..........$449.95 Order

Lite Workout Bar.............................$17.50 ea. Order

Troy Lite Rubber Enclosed Weights
1.25 lb. ................................................ $3.35 pr. Order
2.5 lb. ................................................. $5.35 pr. Order
5 lb. ................................................... $9.65 pr. Order
7.5 lb. ............................................... $13.85 pr. Order
10 lb. ................................................ $17.95 pr. Order

Spring Lock Collars
$2.50 pr. Order

All of the Products listed in our On-line Catalog Have the Most up-to-date Pricing!
Click Here to request a printed catalog.

FITNESS FIRST P.O. BOX 251 SHAWNEE MISSION, KANSAS 66201
PHONE: 1-800-421-1791 FAX: 1-800-421-0036 Local Phone: 913-384-6262 Local FAX: 913-384-2446

I love my Troy Lite.
HTH!
Susan

Thank you so much for the information! I've been doing all my Cathe workouts with dumbells, and really want to try the bar bell. My husband has a really heavy one with all kinds of plates, but there's no way I'm using that one. He bought me a mini weight rack for Christmas, which is actually nice to have. What a romantic guy, huh? I told him I want that Troy lite system for my birthday (or any time prior to that, like, say, right now). Thanks again, and happy holidays!

Julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.