Tried Body Pump at the Gym...um....

jaypea

Cathlete
It wasn’t Cathe at all!
I signed up for a body pump class at a local gym. It is on Sat mornings at 8:30. My neighbor was going to go with me too, but on the first day, she backed out(reminder #1 why I just do Cathe workouts).
I arrived 10 min early. Big mistake! I was the last one to arrive. Everyone had ALL their equipment out. I’m talking step, risers, mat, barbell, weights for said barbell, various dumbbells! I asked the lady next to me what to get. She was kind and told me.
The instructor asked who was new. I was the only one to raise my hand. Reason #2 I do Cathe workouts. She and her crew are like old pals.
Then, the workout began. I thought, “Is this it?” This is what I paid for? I didn’t even sweat. I could’ve gone heavier, but since I’d have to leave the room and go down the hall to get what I needed, it would take too long.
Some class members, who obviously go to every class, even told the instructor she was doing things incorrectly. Really? I just didn’t enjoy it at all.
Moral of the story....stick with Cathe! She’s the best!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaypea, I'm sorry your Body Pump experience was dreadful. :(
Many years ago, I did Body Pump at the gym. The instructor can definitely make or break the class experience.
When you use the correct weight, it is a really good workout. You'll work up a sweat for sure!
If you're still interested in trying it at home, Les Mills OnDemand has a free trial period. I did the trial period, and liked it so much, I subscribed! Since I signed up with their streaming service, I will never take another Body Pump class at a gym again. The Les Mills instructors are so fun and knowledgeable!!! You feel like you are in a group class with them. Also, when it is a release that is filmed "live" in a dome with over 4,000 people, you really do feel the energy! Pump up the music, and you'll feel like you're there! :D:p

It wasn’t Cathe at all!
I signed up for a body pump class at a local gym. It is on Sat mornings at 8:30. My neighbor was going to go with me too, but on the first day, she backed out(reminder #1 why I just do Cathe workouts).
I arrived 10 min early. Big mistake! I was the last one to arrive. Everyone had ALL their equipment out. I’m talking step, risers, mat, barbell, weights for said barbell, various dumbbells! I asked the lady next to me what to get. She was kind and told me.
The instructor asked who was new. I was the only one to raise my hand. Reason #2 I do Cathe workouts. She and her crew are like old pals.
Then, the workout began. I thought, “Is this it?” This is what I paid for? I didn’t even sweat. I could’ve gone heavier, but since I’d have to leave the room and go down the hall to get what I needed, it would take too long.
Some class members, who obviously go to every class, even told the instructor she was doing things incorrectly. Really? I just didn’t enjoy it at all.
Moral of the story....stick with Cathe! She’s the best!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is funny, and so true. I stopped going to the gym years ago, and this is why!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.