Tricia- Twin update?

lindzebird

Cathlete
Hi Tricia,

It looks like your EDD is soon approaching. As someone who is also expecting twins I'd love to hear about how you are doing, and what to expect as I get further along. I have one son already, and we just found out that we will be having twins. I would love to hear your experience with carrying twins.

Thanks,
Lindzebird

Hi Lindzebird (and everyone else!),

I am doing really well, thank you for asking. We just moved to a new house last week, so I haven't been online much. As for my experience carrying the twins so far, it has been relatively uneventful...Aside from the normal pregnancy woes like swelling feet, itchy belly, etc. In the past two - three weeks, I've noticed quite a difference in my fatigue and body aches. I just get very sore if I overdo it. Believe me, you'll know immediately when you overdo!! As far as exercising goes, I really haven't been able to. Even walking is very tiring, but I am of the mindset that carrying these babies as close to term as possible is my top job right now, I can work out once they get here! I go to the doctor today, starting my weekly checkups with a non-stress test at each visit. It will be interesting since I have to take my 2 yr. old daughter with me. But she does really well when we go, since they have a fish tank to look at! My DH tries to make as many appointments as he can, but can't always be there. As for the babies, I had an ultrasound on the 18th and they are looking very good. (I may have posted this already, but the boy is estimated at 4 lbs. 12 oz, and the girl is 3 lbs. 13 oz!) Big babies, isn't that great? It's funny though, my OB first told me "If we can get to 37 -38 weeks, we'll be real happy with that", then last week he said "36 weeks will be great if we can make it to then". SO, does that mean I look huge and he's wondering how they're fitting in there? I told him I'd like 39 wks, but I'll settle for 37. That would be December 31, and I think having a worldwide party every year for your birthday would be neat!

Well, I've rambled enough for now. I'll try to log in later after my appointment and let you know how that went.

Take care of yourself, and remember that carrying these babies is a big job. Especially since you already have a little one to take care of - so go easy on yourself!

Tricia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.