Treadmill question

kittymom

Cathlete
I am looking at getting a new treadmill. Does anyone have any sugestions on a good treadmill? I am looking to get a NordicTrack C2155.

TIA,

Shannon

Shannon-I didn't search for the other post, nor did I post on that one, so here's my 2 cents.

I have a ProForm that I bought at Modell's. It was about $650 about 3 years ago. I LOVE IT! I wanted a TM that went up to 10.0 mph, but NOW I wish I had bought one that goes to 12.0 mph. I also got one with a longer and wider tread belt for more stability and confidence. PLUS...I actually RAN on several models right there on the display floor to make sure I felt stable enough to run on it.

NOW.....I DID have to replace the belt a few months back. It was working just fine, then after I did a specific move/exercise in one of the Barry's Boot Camp cardio workouts, the belt was slipping pretty badly. Turns out I stretched the belt TOO TOO TOO far and it was way BEYOND proper usage. BUT...I ordered the belt right thru the company and we got it replaced and now it works just fine again! Keep in mind that this incident was caused by a specific move...NOT just normal wear and tear!

Hope this helps some!

Gayle

I have this Nordic Track treadmill:

http://www.trainersecrets.com/treadmill/nordic track/nordictrack_c2300_treadmill_review.htm

I've had it for a little over 2 years and have logged well over 1000 miles on it (it has an odometer). So far I haven't had a single problem with it (knock on wood). I bought it on sale at Sears for $799 and purchased the extended 3 year warranty for $189 so I'm good for another year.

I like the cushion adjustment on it. I normally keep it at about the mid way point and think it's "softer" than the upscale Star at the gym I go to sometimes. I actually come home to run because I prefer my own treadmill (when I go there). ;-)

Kathy

I also have an older model Nordic Track treadmill. I haven't had ANY problems with it. (knocks on wood)

April,
Thanks for the link to create your own iFit programs, that’s great!

Yep, I subscribed for the first year….I think it was about $110. I used it a lot the first 6 months training for a marathon but had an injury half way through the year and stopped using it.

My husband helped me rig it up by getting two 20’ stereo cables so I could connect my treadmill to the PC in the other room. I just disconnected the two cables and rolled them into corners of the room when I wasn’t using them. The biggest problem I had was the voice/music wasn’t loud enough. If I increased the volume too much on the PC, it would affect the “beeps” and the treadmill wouldn’t change speeds or inclines. I finally ended up getting a small amplifier from Radio Shack that boosted the sound from the treadmill to my earphones. After some experimenting, it worked super and I enjoyed it a lot.

When it was time to renew my subscription, I opted not to do so because by then I had found iTrain. I like the music better on these and the cueing is more “real.” The iFit programs use the same instructors cueing over and over again so it gets a little monotonous.

The website with the treadmill “beeps” alone is free. So I can still hook up my treadmill and run the programs but it doesn’t warn me when the incline or speed is going to change (no audio), I’ll only hear the “beep.” I wish it would let you print out the graph so you could have it handy for a visual guide, but it doesn’t. I’d have to jot down the graph on index cards to remember what the speeds and incline changes will be (or risk falling on my face!). Hope that makes sense, lol.

Kathy G

I just got on of the 2155's a month ago. It works fine for me. Quite a few good preset programs. Not sure about much else yet since it is so new, but so far so good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.