treadmill incline question

mommacody

Cathlete
i've been doing the itread workouts, and unfortunately, my treadmill is an older model and although it does incline, it doesn't indicate the percentage of the grade. is there a "standard" highest grade that most treadmills follow? or are there treadmills that go up to all different grades? i'm just not sure if i'm hitting the right mark when i have to go to 5% or 9%, etc. basically i just make sure that i'm higher or lower than where i was previously, depending on what i'm supposed to do.

thanks!

I also do the I-Treads and when she says go to 2% etc I just put the incline on 2 or 10 or whatever, assuming this number is the "percent" of incline..

thanks. that's the problem though, my treadmill has no indication or number of incline. i just push the "up" button and it goes until i let go. i have no idea if the highest it goes is 10, 12, 15, etc. although i'd guess that at it's highest it's probably at about a 30 degree angle to the floor.

It must be really hard to tell without an indicator, Cody. My gym has treadmills that go to 20, 15 and 12, if that helps any.

Hi Cody,

I know exactly what you mean. I just inherited a TM from my brother when he moved out of state, and have the same issue. I think the only way to know the incline level is to look in the manual, and it should say what the highest, lowest incline is, etc. I don't have the manual for mine, so I'm just guessing what I'm at. I may have to order the manual from the company.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.