Tower and the Firm barbell

owhynot

Cathlete
I got the tower hoping the Firm barbell will work. The Tower is about an inch too wide - you can probably make it work but with heavy weight - questionable. I like the tower and I'm happy I got it. I hope to start STS January 1, 2010, hoping my finger will be healed - having another surgery today to clean out the scar tissue. This recovery time should be a few weeks and not months :D

Thanks so much for posting that info. I too use the Firm barbell and have been debating getting the tower so now I will have to take into consideration that I would most likely need a new bar. Appreciate it.

I thought someone else posted that it did work with the Firm barbell. Damn - that's what I have, too. Now I have to buy even more equipment? crikey

Hmm. I tested my FIRM barbell with it and it fit (snug, but it fits). I only had 25 lbs on it, but I had no trouble lifting it and getting it back on.

I have the Firm barbell and it fits fine on the Tower. I currently have it loaded at 35 pounds. I even use it to store my barbell off the floor when I'm not using it.

I'm wondering if the Firm barbells are all the same? I bought my barbell from the Firm back in 1997 or so. I remember way back when I bought it there were comments on VF and the Firm forum that some barbells weighed 12 pounds and some 10 pounds. Anyone remember that?

I just measured my barbell. From the inside, plate to plate where it fits on the hooks, measures 32-inches. Mine is the 10 pound one.

Becky you might be right about the FIRM having made 2 different sizes. Mine is also the 10 lb. one, but I seem to remember people debating the weight at one time because they were getting different answers.

I just measured my barbell. From the inside, plate to plate where it fits on the hooks, measures 32-inches.
Would you happen to know the total length of the bar? I am looking to purchase my first barbell -- planning to use it with the STS Tower -- and am not sure what I should be looking for.

I just measured by barbell - it's 32 inches and it fits snug - right by the plates. I will have to test it out in a few weeks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.