Totally OT: Lebron James Sucks!!!

carres1973

Cathlete
I know there are a lot of Clevelanders/Ohioans on here. What do we think of Lebron's "announcement?" I got sick of will he or won't he about half way through the season. I am sickened by how he played it over the last week or two. Now what choices are the Cavs left with? I just can't believe that he would spit on the city he grew up in (or near) like that. Good riddance to bad rubbish, I guess!

Carrie

Totally agree - I think what makes me most disgusted is how he's handled himself over the last few weeks and this "big" decision that had to be broadcasted on national primetime TV. Too much egotistical show boating, IMO.

Sad for Cleveland, yes. Will we move on? Yes, always do. Cleveland sports fans have a LOT of scar tissue and subsequent resilience, I guess.

People are grouping him with Art Modell in the "scum" category now:mad:

Hey -- we do have the Buckeyes to look forward to, right?:D

Heidi

There are some great articles on the internet about him today. There were some James jersey burning parties last night, lol. Dan Gilbert (majority owner of the Cavs) issued an open letter to fans that was pretty nasty, saying Cleveland fans "Don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal". He also promised that Cleveland would win a championship before Lebron would. I think the whole think could have been done with a lot more tact. He really proved himself to be a narssicistic jerk last night.

LeBron is an overrated, 25 year old punk who has been playing for 7 years ( do we dare count his half-hearted efforts in this year's playoffs??) and has NOTHING to show for it.

Thank god we have the Larry Birds, Michael Jordans, etc of the world to look up to as class acts, for this kid is nothing to us here in NE Ohio.

LeBron is an overrated, 25 year old punk who has been playing for 7 years ( do we dare count his half-hearted efforts in this year's playoffs??) and has NOTHING to show for it.

Thank god we have the Larry Birds, Michael Jordans, etc of the world to look up to as class acts, for this kid is nothing to us here in NE Ohio.

You took the words right out of my mouth. We sports fans in NE Ohio have been through a lot and survived, so we'll definitely survive without him. We couldn't win the playoffs with him anyway, so I hope the door hit him in the butt on his way out... He's no KING...no way.

I heard that one of his reasons to leave is that one of his colleagues had hooked up with his mom and he was having trouble dealing with it. :confused:

I always say I am a diehard Cleveland sports fan - and I have died hard with many a Cleveland team. So let's just add this one in - the drive, the fumble, the shot, and now ... the decision.

Whatever the reasons, what's done is done. I've always loved to watch LeBron play basketball. It is, IMO like athletic poetry in motion. He's a very talented athlete and my thoughts on how he did this don't matter. I will say however, that I think Mr. Gilbert should have waited on his "letter." I was always taught that you write your poison pen letter, and then let it sit for 24 hours before you re-read and revise. NEVER issue anything in the heat of emotion, especially when you are in a leadership position. I will continue to support my hometeam.

Totally agree - I think what makes me most disgusted is how he's handled himself over the last few weeks and this "big" decision that had to be broadcasted on national primetime TV. Too much egotistical show boating, IMO.

Sad for Cleveland, yes. Will we move on? Yes, always do. Cleveland sports fans have a LOT of scar tissue and subsequent resilience, I guess.

People are grouping him with Art Modell in the "scum" category now:mad:

Hey -- we do have the Buckeyes to look forward to, right?:D

Heidi

Amen to that sister. I love me some College Football. Especially those Buckeyes.

There are some great articles on the internet about him today. There were some James jersey burning parties last night, lol. Dan Gilbert (majority owner of the Cavs) issued an open letter to fans that was pretty nasty, saying Cleveland fans "Don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal". He also promised that Cleveland would win a championship before Lebron would. I think the whole think could have been done with a lot more tact. He really proved himself to be a narssicistic jerk last night.

Really? Why would he promise something like that. Cleveland teams have always been known to "choke". That's stretching it if you ask me. :confused:

I don't see why Miami is so excited that LeBron is coming there. He didn't do squat for us all those years he was here. What makes them think he's going to win any title for them? Me thinks they're in for a disappointment. :D

I felt bad for Cleveland although I think the NBA is pretty much a joke. Cleveland seems to get crapped on a lot in pro sports. I live in Annapolis and we have the Ravens in nearby Baltimore. Of course, the Ravens are the original Cleveland Browns and I am proud of the fact that my team, the Steelers, fought that move. Most Steelers fans nowadays despise the Ravens for that move away from Cleveland.
Back to topic---I suppose Lebron thought he could win a title easier in Miami. Something tells me he's right although there's surely something to be said for loyalty. Look at our local guy Cal Ripken. He could have played for the Yankees and instead stayed here with the Orioles and had very few winning seasons over the course of his career. Loyalty like that in pro sports is rare and the thing to remember is that these guys in the pros play mostly for themselves. The team concept is foreign to these guys, especially nowadays.
I am sorry he left you high and dry but hey, like someone said, you still have the Buckeyes to look forward to this year. Plus, methinks the Browns are gonna be a lot better this year. Just make sure you stay behind the Steelers in the standings. :)

Last edited:
I just thought, in the end, it's just sports. These guys make a lot of money and they don't have a very long time to play, their careers can be very damaging to the body. I understand he wanted to get a title before he can no longer play, many of the players these days have stated that fact outright, they want to win a championship and that is the reason they are playing, and they have no problem admitting to it. I say in the end, just take a deep breath and let bygones be bygones.

I just thought, in the end, it's just sports. These guys make a lot of money and they don't have a very long time to play, their careers can be very damaging to the body. I understand he wanted to get a title before he can no longer play, many of the players these days have stated that fact outright, they want to win a championship and that is the reason they are playing, and they have no problem admitting to it. I say in the end, just take a deep breath and let bygones be bygones.

Personally, I don't give a rats ass. But, I think the reason Clevelandars are so upset is because LeBron made such a big deal of the Cleveland/Akron area being his home town and how he thought of this place as family.

Personally, I don't give a rats ass. But, I think the reason Clevelandars are so upset is because LeBron made such a big deal of the Cleveland/Akron area being his home town and how he thought of this place as family.

Exactly. And, he screwed us because this thing was obviously planned for awhile and we lost out on other free agents. Jerk.

On another note, he actually said last night that he chose Miami because it is a "family place" hahahahhahahahaha

Exactly. And, he screwed us because this thing was obviously planned for awhile and we lost out on other free agents. Jerk.

On another note, he actually said last night that he chose Miami because it is a "family place" hahahahhahahahaha

And we all know how he treats family. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :D

I felt bad for Cleveland although I think the NBA is pretty much a joke. Cleveland seems to get crapped on a lot in pro sports. I live in Annapolis and we have the Ravens in nearby Baltimore. Of course, the Ravens are the original Cleveland Browns and I am proud of the fact that my team, the Steelers, fought that move. Most Steelers fans nowadays despise the Ravens for that move away from Cleveland.
Back to topic---I suppose Lebron thought he could win a title easier in Miami. Something tells me he's right although there's surely something to be said for loyalty. Look at our local guy Cal Ripken. He could have played for the Yankees and instead stayed here with the Orioles and had very few winning seasons over the course of his career. Loyalty like that in pro sports is rare and the thing to remember is that these guys in the pros play mostly for themselves. The team concept is foreign to these guys, especially nowadays.
I am sorry he left you high and dry but hey, like someone said, you still have the Buckeyes to look forward to this year. Plus, methinks the Browns are gonna be a lot better this year. Just make sure you stay behind the Steelers in the standings. :)

Thanks for your support, double t! I hope you're right about the Browns!!!

I can honestly say, that as a Browns fan, I lost a lot of animosity towards the Steelers and their fans because of that. The Steelers organization and its fans even saved space at games for Browns fans. How cool is that?!

Carrie

I can completely understand the desire to win a championship before retirement. However, what I cannot understand is the claim of "Loyalty" (heck, he has the word tattooed on him!) and his supposed love for his home town and then basically taking a dump on us before he goes (sorry for the bad language). Not nice and definitely shows lack of maturity and class!

Carrie

I heard that one of his reasons to leave is that one of his colleagues had hooked up with his mom and he was having trouble dealing with it. :confused:

I heard that too. I can't remember if it was a player or the head coach. I seem to remember hearing something about it being the head coach, which is one of the reasons we fired him...to appease LeBron:mad:.

Carrie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.