Tonique

I did femme Fatale phase 1&3 today and the butt doms is setting ing :) I think one of the keys with tonique is allowing yourself to go at your own pace and do the best you can. Sylwia is a machine and it can be real disappointing trying to keep up with her. With practice you definitely will improve with these workouts, it just takes time.

Sylwia is definitely a machine. I am adding Tonique to my existing rotations and going slowly with it. I will always try to do my best, but I'm not even close to her level of endurance and flexibility yet. I did Energy Mat on Thursday and I liked it a lot, but I could really feel it on my wrists so in some moves I went down to my elbows. Thankfully I have been exercising for such a long time that I know how to modify. It gives me room for improvement as well. If I'm going to spend my precious time working out it can't be easy. Femme Fatale is on my wishlist. Next week Im going to do BTM workout 2. Im doing Tonique at least twice a week along with Cathe cardios, Chalean Extreme weights, and one Jari circuit workout per week. It has only been a week and I'm already seeing results in my lower body. :)

Speaking of Sylwia I'd like to share an interview I read online. Interview with Fitness Guru Sylwia | Josie Girl Blog. She is definitely not from this planet:D. I like the fact that she mentions she doesn't eat meat (I do!) and that her favorite shoes for working out are Asics. Her answer to the question about how many hours we should workout per week was whoa... Too much, but I guess a lot of things can count as a workout (i.e. Walking the dog, playing with the kids, cleaning the house, mowing the lawn, etc.) and she probably meant hours of activity. I definitely can't workout 12 hrs a week hehehee. Let me know what you think.

Sylwia is definitely a machine.

I agree that Sylwia is not human. I read that JosieGirl interview last year. If you get a chance, watch the Sylwia interviews that are included on her DVDs. Along with Cathe, she is easily one of my favorite workout instructors.

She just seems so positive and encouraging, that you can't help but push yourself to do better when doing one of her workouts. I think it's no coincidence that two of my favorite instructors are ones who do the entire workouts and sweat along with me.

As for finding the time for more exercise, I think we would all be surprised at our ability to find a few more minutes each day for additional physical activity. I just finished up a Brazil Butt Lift rotation and a few days during each month had a total workout time of 80 minutes. I thought that there was no way I could find the time given that I work out at 4.15am and usually can do 50 minutes max. Well, I found the extra 30 minutes of time by getting up when my alarm goes off instead of hitting snooze (10 min) and I took my breakfast to work to eat it there instead of at home. As a result, I found my 80 minutes, easily.

Last edited:
I am adding Tonique to my existing rotations and going slowly with it.

I love this idea and I really like this thread! Ladies, you've motivated me to bring out my 3 barely-used (1 is unopened) Tonique DVDs out of hiding and try to incorporate short segments into my next Cathe rotation. Yay! Thanks for the inspiration. :D

Today I did workout 2 of Born to Move. It is 52 mins of torture, but I loved the music. :eek: I had to modify a couple of moves, like the donkey kicks at the end, not because I couldn't do them, but because I have to go high and then when my legs hit the floor I was feeling it in my lower back so I modified to jack push ups. Next time I will put mats below my feet to lessen the impact on my back and see if it works. Overall, another amazing workout and I am really loving this crazy mixed up rotation I'm doing. It is my second week and it has been hard, but enjoyable. I feel Tonique is making me stronger and faster. The day after a Tonique workout I can lift heavy weights easier or go 200% with my cardio. On Saturday I pulled out Kickmax and did it with 14oz boxing gloves for the punching combos, really giving it my all in terms of intensity, then did the blasts without gloves and ended with the leg conditioning drills using 1lb ankle weights. I usually prefer KPC over Kickmax, but Kickmax felt amazing that day. The days before, I did ATM and Energy Mat (in different days).

I think Tonique can work with pretty much any type of rotation, the shorter workouts can be added to anything, and the longer workouts can substitute a cardio only, or a circuit day easily. However, I think that there has to be a special mindset when attempting it. Some people can get bored with all those reps, what I do is I count them. Since she usually does about 30 reps for most exercises, as soon as she starts a new move I start counting in my head to keep my focus. For that reason alone I don't think I could do a Tonique only rotation, at least not for long. I have to mix it up with something else. Sylwia has said she wants us to do exactly that, to mix it up, and it is what I'm doing. I hope this shocks my body and I start seeing results again. I have been in a plateau for such a long time and I can't wait to see the results I'm going to get in a couple of months.

Nice work islandrose! I'm totally getting into tonique. Monday morning I did BTM 2 and today I did Femme Fatale phase 2. Phase 2 is the longest (2hrs) which of course I didn't do. In order to be balanced on both legs, you would have to do 90 minutes so what I did was the first 30 minutes and then rewinded back to the beginning and redid the 30 minutes on the other leg. My butt has some nice doms. She had some creative moves and some great plank work in this one. I heard the final 30 minutes of phase 2 is real core intensive so I need to try that out. I lobe how intense tonique is without all the impact I get from plyo workouts.

Nice work islandrose! I'm totally getting into tonique. Monday morning I did BTM 2 and today I did Femme Fatale phase 2. Phase 2 is the longest (2hrs) which of course I didn't do. In order to be balanced on both legs, you would have to do 90 minutes so what I did was the first 30 minutes and then rewinded back to the beginning and redid the 30 minutes on the other leg. My butt has some nice doms. She had some creative moves and some great plank work in this one. I heard the final 30 minutes of phase 2 is real core intensive so I need to try that out. I lobe how intense tonique is without all the impact I get from plyo workouts.

Thank you for that great suggestion. I do not own FF yet, but as soon as I can master my other Tonique workouts it will be the next one I'm going to get. That 2 hr phase is simply not for me, but doing the first 30 mins on one leg then rewinding and doing them again on the other leg sounds great for my schedule, that makes it an hour long, maybe you can thrown in the Core #1 segment from Xtrain which is about 10 mins and work your legs and core for around 70 mins. You would need to add your own stretches at the end. You can also do the Express workout with the core from FF, that would be 16 mins for the express and 30 for the core for 46 mins. I have to agree about Tonique's intensity. I also love how well it goes with other workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.