toning sneakers

nightowl81

Cathlete
I was wondering if anyone here uses toning sneakers? I was looking for a new pair of walking sneakers (currently carless and my feet are taken a beating with my old shoes), and the New Balance ones caught my eye because they looked cool, then I realized they were toning sneakers. Would they be ok for every day use? and I understand they work by making you keep balance, if I walk on uneven pavement sometimes (like over grass, rocks, sand) would I risk losing my balance or anything? Also, if you do use them what kind of results have you seen with them? I figured with all the walking I'm doing maybe with the toning sneakers my legs will become super fit ;)

I have some MBTs..but I haven't been wearing them lately. They did make walking uphill more of a challenge..the rest of the time I didn't really feel them. I didn't notice any big difference in leg tone..I am pear though so it takes a lot to make a difference, lol. You get used to walking in them after awhile and they feel normal...so I don't think you'll have to worry too much about balance after the 1st week of wear. As long as the price is comparable to a regular shoe, I say 'why not?'..the MBT's I got were definitely overpriced (for the toning benefit...some people find the support of the shoe beneficial).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.