Tips on printing a E-Book

sunnyside

Cathlete
I just downloaded the E-book "Red Carpet Ready" and want to print it on both sides of the paper with my home printer. I have no clue how to do this. When I press print it shows an option off "odd or even" pages. Is this what I want? Also, how do I I make sure that it prints the correct page number on both sides of the paper and that I don't accidentally print over my previous printed page. Clueless here.:+ Any tips would be much appreciated!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Your home printer probably doesn't have an automatic duplexer (an attachment that will flip the paper over and run it through the printer again), so you will have to do this manually. You are on the right track...

First, load the paper in your printer and print only the odd pages. Let all the pages pile up in the tray - don't take each page off as it prints. You want to keep them in the same order. While the pages are printing, pay attention to the way the paper feeds and what side of the paper it prints on versus how you loaded it in the tray. This will be important when you go to pring on the back sides of the papers. After all the odd pages are printed, take your stack of printed pages and load them back into the printer tray so that it will print on the back side of each page (how you load the pages will depend on your type of printer - for some printers you may have to flip the stack over and rotate 180 degrees, for other printers you may have to rotate the stack 180 degrees but not flip it, etc, etc - this is why you need to pay attention to how it prints when you do the odd pages). When you've got the pages loaded up again, print all the even pages. It should, in theory, print page 2 on the back of page 1, and so on.

Does that make sense? My advice would be to try it out with just the first few pages to make sure you've got it figured out before you print the entire book, just so you don't waste anymore paper than you have to. :)

Not sure how many pages you're printing, but if you are using an ink jet printer, you may be better off cost-wise having it done at a professional copy place (kinkos, staples, office max etc). Just save the file to a memory stick and take it in; they'll duplex it or whatever else you want done.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Thanks Emily! You made perfect sense. This helps alot. I'm going to do as you suggest and only try a small amount of pages to make sure I know what I'm doing.

Jonahnah- It's only 100 pages and I've got the paper and a new ink cartridge, so I'm going to try/attempt it at home. If it were more pages, I'd definitely take it over to Kinkos.:)

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.