Threads Marked As "Read"

NancyAZ

Cathlete
For about a week now, threads I have read that do not have any new posts are still showing up as not having been read. Is this a problem unique to me or a board-wide problem?

I've been having the same problem for a few weeks now and it's driving me crazy. When the forums first switched over, I didn't have the problem and it was so much easier to go to new posts in any thread since my last visit.

I came here to see if I could find an answer. But at least I know I'm not alone.

Diane

I continue to have the same problem, and never got a reply about it. You're so right about it being frustrating. I've been trying to check the date/time of the last post to a thread to figure out whether I've already read everything in it, but that doesn't always work very well for me. I hope this is fixed soon.

I have this problem too, but find it most when I have somehow been (or accidentally) logged out and had to log back in ~ I sometimes accidentally log out of WM therefore logging me out of everything... or when I have had to reboot my computer or something like that. Yesterday I was reading the New Posts list and it all of a sudden said "No New Posts to Display" or something to that effect and I would only get new posts as they came up, no matter what specific topic, although I could go into specific topics and it would list all the threads under that catagory... as they would build, the list would get longer again, until it was the entire day... I never know when it will happen... I also notice that when I use my work computer to read posts there, and look at the same forum on my home laptop, that they show differently (unread when I had read them at work)...

I do think that this forum is better than some I have seen in the past...

SNM had confirmed yesterday that there were issues with my WM that they found and are working to fix them, so I feel better about that.... and assured that there were more updates forthcoming!

One way I have found to deal with the problem at least temporarily is that when I notice that it's messed up, I read what I want to read, and then I mark all of the forums read, under the "Quick Links" menu. That clears it all out and seems to "reset" everything. Then it seems fine for the rest of the day at least. Sometimes it starts over again the next day, but at least part of the day is less frustrating!

I never log out, and I only have the one computer, so that's not the problem here. And I've often tried the Quick Link to "Mark Forum Read". Yes, it does close all the envelopes in the left column right away. But when I return later that day, whether it be in half an hour or 8 hours later, everything is "unread". And when I enter a thread by clicking the little triangle that's supposed to "go to first new post", it shows the thread from the beginning - with every post as unread.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.