Thought of getting pregnant is stressing . . .

Chrissysu

Cathlete
. . .me out! I'm freaking myself out about the labor of getting pregnant, and it's stressing me out so much that I'm not sleeping at night! It's probably crazy, but I keep thinking about how painful delivery is going to be, and it's SCARING ME!!!!

Help!

I WANT a child, but I'm sooo scared! DH and I are trying now, but I am not getting any sleep over this . . . ACK!

Chrissy

Maybe if it's frightning you so much, it's because you're not quite ready? I'm midway through a pregnancy and really it doesn't help to stress out about things I cannot control like how labor is going to be (painful or not), or how my body is changing and how this will change my life forever. It's very normal to have fears, but if the anxiety is eating you up that much - maybe you should give your mind and body a little bit of a rest and evaluate what it is you're ready for? Personally, I wanted a child a few years ago - but I wasn't mentally prepared yet at all. I'm not saying you have to be 100% prepared b/c that's not possible. But maybe take a break for a month or 2,think about it and rest. Is there really a rush?

Annie

I also worried about this. It always scared me. And then came the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy. I didn't care if it hurt or not I was just ready to have the baby. I know it's hard to believe and everyone says it, but it's only a small part of the journey and you will be so happy to meet your new little one that you'll forget any pain you felt. Just get the epidural and you'll be fine. I waited until 7 cm and I don't recommend doing that. I wasn't afraid of the labor, but the pain of something the size of a watermelon coming out of a hole the size of a walnut. With the epidural I never felt a thing. That being said, it could be different for everyone. I really don't know. But if they hadn't said the head is out, I never would have known. Good luck and try not to worry!

Laurel

Wo Wo settle down cutie pie!!
Get the epidural, pain free my friend. Also they'll give you something to take the edge off right away and then you won't be frightened. My god, I"m such a wimp and I'd do it again and again!
Nobody says you have to go all natural. The epidural actually doesn't hurt. By the time you are in your 9th month you are sooooo ready you won't be scared. The end of pregnancy is much harder!

;-) Hope that helps.

Oh, I don't care how much this hurts...i want him out!!!:7 :7

I seriously cannot wait for Dec month to come so I can go into labor. I don't really enjoy being pregnant so the pain isn't bothering me.

Maybe you aren't ready.But if you are, you don't have to go through the pain, there are lots of different drugs out there that will help you through labor and delivery. And it is also well worth it, maybe thats why its not scaring me. I can't wait to see what this little one looks like!

Lori:)

I agree with the other ladies here that the labor is really just a small part of the pregnancy/parenting process, albeit a very special and exciting part. I decided to go "natural" and can tell you that even without medication that labor is not unbearable...it's intense, but the pain has a purpose (to borrow a phrase from my Bradley classes).

The best thing you can do is become educated on the process. Take a childbirth class and/or watch some birth videos. Once you see how wonderful the "birth day" can be, you probably won't be as afraid.

Oh my gosh, ladies. Thank you soooooo much! This helps put my mind at ease a lot!!!!! I did stop to think about whether this really was the right time for me or not, and I believe that it is, I'm such a worrier by nature, so this was just one more thing to stress about. After reading your posts, I feel better. I know you're all right. And I had heard about the epidural, but being that I've never had a child, I just thought my friends were "down-playing" the amount of pain for my sake. They mentioned that once they got the epidural, they didn't feel the pain, just a lot of pressure. Is that true?

Thanks again. I can't begin to tell you what a relief this is! You all are great!

Chrissy

Hi Chrissy.

I was afraid of the pain of L&D too but when it finally happened the fear faded into the background...I knew that my body had a job to do and that I had to help it so that's what I did. I was quite calm about the whole thing and basically just did what I had to do w/o complaining and freaking out about it.

In the end I found that the experience was not nearly as bad as I what I had created in my own mind so I was quite happy about that. :)

I think once you find out that you are pregnant you will be sooo excited that you probably won't really think about L&D again until the end!

Best of luck!:)

No babies yet, but BOY, I am more scared of life AFTER baby comes!!! HA! Giving birth to them seems like the easiest part!;-)

>No babies yet, but BOY, I am more scared of life AFTER baby
>comes!!! HA! Giving birth to them seems like the easiest
>part!;-)

Well, L&D is certainly the SHORTEST part! ;)

OMG, could imagine if labor lasted 18 years!?!? *GASP!*

LMAO!:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.