Those of us NOT going on road trip: let's do out own virtual one!

kathryn

Cathlete
I think those of us who aren't going on the road trip should "get together" virtually to have our own version! We could kind of follow the schedule Cathe has set up, and do some 'activities."

Like: on "arrival," we can have a potluck dinner (something the Roadtrippers can't do! Nyah!). Everybody lists what they're bringing.

We can try to coordinate out workouts to mirror what they will be doing on the Roadtrip (and wouldn't it be fun if the road trip classes were put on the live cam on this site?? HINT for Cathe!) That will be a complication for some of us who live in different time zones, but we can just do the types of workouts the Roadtrippers do at the times that fit our schedules.

Anybody want to join me?

(When IS the roadtrip, anyway?)

Kathryn-That is a great idea! Count me in as I won't be on the roadtrip either. A potluck sounds wonderful Since it will be after the No Sweets Challenge sign me up for desert! What a wonderful idea you have came up with for us who won't be there. We can have a stay at home version. :)

Terri

the problem with that is I have a wedding and a concert on the days - thats why I cannot go. So I cant workout at the same time as them but i will check in occasionally to make sure everyones working out hard!:+

>I'm going on the road trip, but I'm curious as to how the pot
>luck part will work?

Pretend! We just start a thread labeled "potluck," list what we would bring if we were actually having a potluck. Maybe share some recipes, chat, etc.

I forgot, OUR virtual pizza party is going to feature individual-size pizzas, so everyone can have what they want!! (If only this were true!).

My guess is we will all sit down at our computers and enjoy a meal together. Is that what you were thinking Kathryn?

Terri

What a fun idea, Kathryn! :)

I also saw your post to Cathe about using the comcast feature to stream the road trip workouts live over the internet. I thought that was kind of cool too, until I realized that it would be MY big flabby butt being broadcast over the internet... so now I'm not so sure I like that idea anymore! :p ;)

>My guess is we will all sit down at our computers and enjoy a
>meal together. Is that what you were thinking Kathryn?
>
>Terri

I thought we'd just list what we'd take/eat, IF we were actually together. Anyone who actually wants to eat what they list can (doing a computer "sit down" would be tough, as we all live in differnt time zones, so having a thread open on it all day would let everyone in all time zones participate in the fantasy!)

I
>thought that was kind of cool too, until I realized that it
>would be MY big flabby butt being broadcast over the
>internet... so now I'm not so sure I like that idea anymore!
>:p ;)

Well, at least now, I'll recognize you if it does happen ("Hey, that must be Emily!") I would hope that the camera would be placed in a flatering location (like not right behind someone, unless they really WANT that view of them to be seen...and I'm sure there are some who will;-) ).

I'll try and check in too, but these summer weekends we have been so busy, lately, I don't even have time to turn the computer on.

Sounds neat.

Dallas

PS. I'm with Terri, I'll bring dessert. Something real sugary!:9

It might not be Emily. It just might be ME!!! :7
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Emily, That was soooo funny! I'm still laughing over here. I was reading thinking, wow, I would love to see her live class, oh ha ha ha then what you said. I would absolutely DIE, if I was in that class being FILMED! I'm not going on the road trip, but it would worry me too! Thanks for cracking me up! ~Carolyn~

I am sooooo in. As in my previous "whiner" thread, I am also bringing a Costco size box of Kleenex!

What is a great sugary dessert without a bunch of BBQ ribs?? I just happen to make the best in town!:7

RE: Those of us NOT going on road trip: let's do out ow...

I'm in Kathryn!!! Gives me an excuse to make my favourite pot luck greek pasta salad, lots of feta, garlic and basil, damn the carbs somethings are too good to be denied! We'll need them for our workouts anyway! I guess I'd better go check their itinerary and see what's in store for workouts. So are we 'virtual trippers', 'forum trippers', 'net trippers', 'web trippers', 'terminal trippers' (I don't like the sound of that one:+ )

Take Care
Laurie:)

RE: Those of us NOT going on road trip: let's do out ow...

I want to bring a huge plate of ooey gooey fudge brownies to the pot luck. The great thing about it is that our pot luck and our pizza party won't end up on my thighs!!!:7

Katie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.