Thinking of buying new dumbbells

kimyenchu

Cathlete
Hello,

I am thinking I need to buy new dumbbells to train to my maximum. Currently, I own a set from 2kg - 8kg (that's 5lbs-16lbs) and a pair of adjustable dumbbells at 10kg. I have seen a special offer for a set from 10kg-20kg + dumbbell rack that I can afford. However, I train in my bedroom and it's already filled with my weights and step, I don't know if I will have room to store these new equipments.

I would love to purchase the new set and train for strength and lose some weight and gain muscle definition. At the moment the set I am using is probably not challenging enough because I can't seem to do either.

My question for those who workout with limited space is where do you store your workout equipment?

Yen

I store my assorted dumbbells stacked on top of each other and other equipment in a corner of my living room.
They are tucked away next to my folded treadmill so not very noticeable until you walk all the way in.

A more compact option (though an investment at first) would be adjustable dumbbells like the Soloflex or Powerblock, which are equivalent to several sets of dumbells, but take the space of one set.

I bought the dumbells that are at target and one of the stands they sell that go with them. I LOVE them! I used to have misc weights all over the place now they all match and take up a small corner of my room. they look nice and also are comfy to hold. The sides can also hold plateweights. I gave my old torn up neoprene weights away. They weights seem to be made for the stand in how they fit. I don't think the stand would work as well for other weights. The reebok weights slide on and off easily though.

weight sample: http://www.target.com/Reebok-Square-Chrome-Dumbbell-Coating/dp/B000VDVU6Y

stand: http://www.target.com/Reebok-Dumbbe...ie=UTF8&node=13788341&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

Hi

I've been thinking the same thing recently. I've got a box with adjustable dumbells up to 7kgs each but I get sick of keep changing the weights. I was thinking of buying some 5kgs and 10kgs just to save some time in workouts.

The box is currently stored next to the TV in the lounge which is where I work out. Space for more stuff is also an issue. I would love to have a rack but it's just not possible!

Where did you get your current equipment and where did you see this offer?

Thanks

Woodmouth,

That is a very good dumbbell stand. It is exactly what I am looking. Unfortunately, the set I am buying comes with a FREE 2 tier stand. I think it might big for my space so it will not be unpacked and used. I will have to store my dumbbells on the floor in the bedroom as I normally, and find spaces in the hallway as well.

I can't afford another dumbbell stand and would not bother to buy one at this point.

Yen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.